Chapter 6

This skips some time to already being downtown and going into a store.

We walk into a store and I see the most beautiful dress. "Oh, that dress is beautiful!" I say. It is green with lace.

"I agree, go try it on! I'm just Pavel would love it!" I blush and take the dress off the rack. "Do you really love my son?" she asks.

"Oh, yes!" I say. "He is just the most adorable thing! I love him with all my heart!"

She smiles and says " Did you wonder what I said to him to make him blush so much?"

"Yes," I reply, "I have been thinking about that lately."

She responded, "I asked him if he had any plans on marrying you."

"What did he say!" I respond.

"Well, he wouldn't want me to tell you this, but I suppose that it wouldn't be too bad. He said yes, but he is waiting until both of you seem ready. I am planning on giving him our family engagement ring before you two leave. That way he has it when he is ready. It has been in our family for generations. His father gave it to me when we got engaged."

"Oh my gosh! That's great!' I smile and hug her.

"I can tell that my son loves you so much. I would love for you to part of our family!" she responds and hugs me back.

"So what do you think of this dress?" I ask her.

"Oh dear, you look amazing. It's even better because its green and thats Pavel's favorite color."

"I think I would want to get it, but I don't have any money." I tell her.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll buy it for you!" she responds.

"Thank you!" I tell her and go to change back into my clothes.

"Oh, it's fine dear," she told me, "After all, I now think of you as my daughter."

I step out of the changing room with my dress in hand. We walk up to the corner and Mrs.Chekov pays for the dress. She hands me the bag with the dress in it and we walk out of the shop.

We walk down the road and enter a few more shops. All together, I end up getting two pairs of pants, three shirts, a jacket, and a few other things.

We return to the house a few hours and walk in. I set all of my bags down and take off my coat. I turn around to hang it up when I feel a warm pair of hands wrap around my waist. "Pasha," I laugh and turn around to meet Pavel's gaze.

"Here," he says, "I'll help you take your bags up to our room."

He picks up the bags and we hear Mrs.Chekov say "Dinner will be ready in a hour."

"Okay, Mum," Pavel responds.

I walk with him up the stairs and he leads me to a small bedroom. It has green walls, a dresser, desk, and large bed. He sets all my bags on the bed and then sits on the bed. I sit next to him and take his hand. He looks over at me and smiles. I stand up and start taking stuff out of my bags. He looks at what I bought and blushes seeing a glimpse of underwear. I leave my dress in the bag, so I surprise him when I wear it.

"What's in that bag?" he asked pointing to the bag with my dress.

"It's a surprise," I smile, "You will just have to wait and see." He smiled back at me.

He gets up from the bed and walks over to me. "I have something for you," he says and takes a small box out of his pocket. He opens it and there's a ring in it. Engraved on the side it says 'I Love You'. He is still so bashful and quiet. I love how innocent he is.

"It's a promise ring, Lils. It represents that if you are able and decide to go back to your time I will go with you. I promise to always be with you."

He puts the ring on my finger and I hug him. "Thank you, Pasha," I tell him, "I love it!"

I place my hands on his cheeks and kiss him.

We hear the door open behind us and slowly break away. We turn to see Mr. Chekov standing there. "Dinner is ready," he tells us.

"Okay, Dad," Pavel says, "We will be down in a minute."

Mr. Chekov smiles and closes the door. I look back over at Pavel.

He smiles at me and kisses my nose. I giggle and take his hand. We walk downstairs and into the kitchen. Mrs. Chekov made chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, and a vegetable mix.

"The food looks great Mrs. Chekov!" I say.

"Thank you, dear," she responds. Mr. Chekov was already sitting at the table. Pavel takes the chair opposite him and I sit next to Pavel.

Pavel dishes out food for all of us and we eat. After we finish dinner, Mrs. Chekov walks over and gets a pie. I help her by getting plates and forks. Mr. Chekov cuts the pie and gives each of us a slice. We finish the pie and I yawn.

"You tierd, Lils?" Pavel asks.

"Yes," I yawn.

"Me too," he says, "Well we will go ahead and go upstairs."

"Ok, you two," Mrs. Chekov says.

"Try to be quiet," Mr. Chekov said, "Keep the screaming to a minimum!"

Pavel mumbled something quietly back in Russian and blushed furiously. I was blushing too. Pavek takes my hand and takes me upstairs. We walked into the bedroom and Pavel said "Sorry about my dad. He can..." I cut him off by kissing him. He kisses me back and I begin to walk backwards. I trip as I hit the bed and fall onto it. Pavel falls on top of me and I giggle.

"Sorry!" he says and breaks apart the kiss. He looks away flustered and embarrassed. I put his face back to mine and peck his lips.

"We should probably change," I tell him.

He smiles down at me and gets off of me. "Can I have one of your tee shirts?" I ask.

"Sure," he responds and grabs a shirt out of his drawer. We face opposite directions and quickly change. I turn back around see Pavel shirtless still rummaging in the drawer.

"I um, can't find a clean shirt. Umm do you mind if I sleep shirtless?" he says and looks over to me blushing.

"Oh, not at all," I blush back at him.

I pull down the sheets and hop into Pavel's bed. He picks up his PADD off of his desk and slides into the bed next to me. I rest my head on his chest. and he turns on his PADD. He starts writing and I ask "What are doing?"

"I have to finish a report for Keptin Kirk," he tells me.

"Okay," I smile and play with his beautiful curly hair. He stops typing and smiles at me. He kisses the top of my head and I smile at him.

"Goodnight, Pasha," I tell him.

"Goodnight, Lils," he says in return as I drift of to sleep.

3rd person POV

Mrs. Chekov walks into Pavels bedroom. She sees that he is still typing on his PADD. She also smiles when she sees Lily asleep on Pavel's chest. "Pavel, arn't you going to go to sleep?" she asks.

"Mum, what are you doing in here? I have to finish a report for Keptin Kirk," Pavel says blushing.

"I have to give you something," she responds. She pulls a small box out of her pocket and walks over to hand it to Pavel. "Here's the family engagement ring. Keep it safe until your ready," she tells him. She kisses him on the head and leaves the room. "Get to sleep soon!" she tells him.

Once Mrs. Chekov leaves the room Pavel sets down his PADD and raps his arms around Lily. She moves a little bit and goes back to sleep. Pavel kisses her head and goes to sleep.