Chapter 11

I sigh and lean back. "You better get to the bridge," I whisper. I kiss his forehead and he leaves. The door slides shut and I sink into the bed. "Just five minutes with him. That's all I ask!" I mumble. I walk over to the small porthole of a window in our room and look out. I see a small ship. It has large wings on either side that make it look like a bird. I gasp and grab my PADD. I take a picture and turn on the identification. "It's exactly what I think it is, a Klingon Bird of Prey!" I think.

I hear a loud boom and the entire ship rocks. Staring out the window, I see a kaleidoscope of colors fly though the open space between the ships. As dangerous as photon torpedoes are, it makes a beautiful color show. What looks like a flash of lightning hits the Klingon Bird of Prey. In an instant, it disappears. I slip on my boots and open the door of my room. I run down the hallway to the hypolift. "Bridge" I say and I feel it move upward. The doors open and I step out. I see everyone on the bridge standing in a circle. The doors open again and Bones runs in with a med kit.

"Move!" he yells, "Give the kid some air!" Everyone steps back and laying on the floor I see Pavel.

"No," I whisper and run over to him. Bones pulls out a tricorder and starts standing him. The tears start streaming down my face and I run over and grab Pavel's hand.

"It's okay," Bones says not looking away from his tricorder, "He has been knocked out, but may have a concussion. I will need to take him down to Med Bay until he wakes up."

Bones picked Pavel up and walked into the hypolift with me right on his heels. "Med Bay" I say and the hypolift goes down. The doors open and I walk first.

"We are going to put him on the third bed down. I run over and pull down the sheets. Bones sets Pavel down and hooks him up to moniter his vitals. I pull over a chair and take Pavel's hand in mine, still crying. Bones comes back over to me with two blankets and a box of tissues. "Okay, I know you won't leave until he wakes up, so I brought a blanket for you too," he says.

"Thank you," I say as I take a tissue, still sniffling, "You are sure he will be okay?"

"Yes," he responds, "I don't know how long it will take for him to wake up."

Bones walks off to his office and I look back at Pavel. He looks like an angel. I brush a curly lock out of his face and kiss his forehead. I hear nothing for a few minutes until my stomach grumbles. I decide to go get some food and then come straight back to Pavel. When I walk in, I see that Jim is sitting eating. "How's Mr. Chekov?" he asks.

"Bones says he will be fine, but It might take him a while to wake up." I respond.

"Well that's good." Jim says. I get a tray of food and leave to go back to the Med Bay. I sit down next to Pavel, he is still asleep. I quietly eat my food and set my tray on the nearby table. I curl up in my chair and take Pavel's hand. "Wake up soon, Pasha," I whisper and my drowsiness pulls me to sleep.

A few hours later I wake up. The med bay is empty except for Pavel and me. He is still sleeping peacefully. I lean over and kiss him on the lips. As I am about to pull away, I hear a small moan escape his lips and his eyes open. "Oh my gosh! Pavel! I was so worried," I say cupping his cheek and start to lean down when something unexpected happens, he pushes me away.

"Pavel? What's wrong sweety? Are you okay? Do you want to get Bones?" I ask softly.

"What? Pavel? Sweety? Bones? Who are you? Where am I?" he says with a confused look on his face.

That's when it donned on me, he doesn't remember anything.

(A/N)

Sorry it's a bit short, but I thought that I left it off on a good cliff hanger. Thank you for all the reads!! Wow, I never though that I would get over 1000 reads!!

Live Long and Prosper,

harrypottertrekkie