4

Andrew's construction site was bursting with men in denim and plaid. Lydia laughed at the fashion choice of every man she walked by and wondered why they all seemed to wear the exact same thing.

She saunted across the yard, walking towards the main office ahead of her, the gravel making a satisfying crunch under her boots.
She knocked on the door of the main office, before walking in. Three men stood in the office, including Lydia's father.

"Sorry boys am I interrupting something." Lydia smirked at the two older men that stood beside her father.

"Lydia? You didn't go to school dressed like that did you? You're hardly wearing anything. I thought we talked about this? You were going to be good this year, or at least try." Lydia rolled her eyes and ignored what her father was ranting on about.

She was too focused on the man leaning against the filing cabinet. He was almost unrecognisable without his leather jacket and cloud of smoke surrounding him.

"Anyway," she said pulling her stare away from the man who was not even trying to be subtle as he looked her up and down with an almost hunger. "I wanted to ask for the keys, I was going to go for a drive."

Lydia's father pulled the keys from out of his back pocket. "Where are you driving to?" He asked gripping the keys tightly. "

Lydia rolled her eyes once more. "I don't know. I'm just trying to find something to do in this boring town." She peeled the keys from her father's grip and he sighed in defeat. He always gave into her, he never understood why. When her mother was with them he was always the stricter parent but now, things were different. Lydia was different.

"Thanks, daddy." She smiled, giving a side glance to the biker and left knowing she'd always win against him.

Lydia reached the car door before her name was called. She turned around to see the biker walking towards her. He was a lot faster than she was and reached her within a couple of strides. "You know if you always get a bit bored, you're always welcome back to the Worm." He leaned casually on the bonnet of the car. "The boys seemed to take a liking to you."

"I'll think about it Jones." She said opening the car door and climbing in. He looked down at her through the wind screen, knowing fully well she'd take him up on the offer. There was nothing else better to do in Riverdale, he knew that very well by now.

Lydia stopped at a stop sign and took the time to look back down on her phone to check the address she had received.

She reached The Pembrooke within ten minutes. She stopped outside the door and threw her keys to the valet. The whole building radiated Veronica. The elegance, the class, the slight icy chill to the air.

She leaned against the wall of the elevator as it took her up to the penthouse. The doors opened to the living area and Veronica sat nervously on the edge of the cream, camel back sofa.

She stood up straight when the elevator doors closed loudly and looked across the room at Lydia dressed in denim and fishnet.

"Where are your parents?" Lydia slowly started to make her way to the raven haired female.

"Out." Veronica gulped.

"And where's your mummy?" Lydia whispered into her ear. Veronica bit down on her bottom lip, hard.

Veronica gripped her black stiletto nails around the collar of Lydia's blue denim jacket and crashed her lips onto the blondes.

"You missed me?" Lydia chuckled at Veronica's urgency as she shoved off the other girls jacket.

"More than anything." Veronica replied in almost a whimper, as Lydia dragged her through the hall into V's bedroom.

°°°

"Where are you going?" Veronica sat up, not caring about the silk cover that fell from her bare chest.

Lydia reluctantly pulled her eyes away from Veronica's teasing, as she laced up her boots.

"I'm going out for a drink."

Veronica crawled across to the other side of the bed and rested her chin on Lydia's shoulder. "I think we've got some champagne in the kitchen." Veronica said kissing Lydia's neck.

"That's sweet Ronnie, but I need something a bit," Lydia sighed "a bit harder."

"Oh." Veronica pulled away and sat back on her ankles. She suddenly felt exposed and picked up her bra off the floor.

"This was nice though." Lydia muttered tucking Veronica's short strands behind her left ear, revealing the pair of pearl earrings Lydia had bought for her a year ago in New York. "You know what V? I kind of missed you." She pecked her gently on her smudged lipstick lips.

Veronica blushed as the girl left her alone, once again staring after her flustered and confused.

"No!" Veronica said to herself. "No! No! No!" She muttered, picking up her clothes off the floor. "This won't happen again!" She refastened her pearl necklace around her neck and slipped her feet back into her patent leather heels and followed in Lydia's direction out of the building.

"I need the Lodge keys." Veronica scrambled over to the boy at the valet.

"Erm which keys?" The boy stuttered at the out of breath girl that stood fidgeting with impatience in front of him.

"Any. It doesn't matter." He picked the first one on the hook. Veronica swore to herself looking down at the Rolls Royce keys.

She ran to the parking lot round the back of the building, her shoes almost falling off her feet in the mad rush.

She drummed her fingers on the steering wheel anxiously, as she drove down the road in the direction Lydia had sped off to. Finally, she saw the rusty pick up truck ahead of her, Veronica crouched down slightly behind the steering wheel, not really knowing what she would do if Lydia saw her. She hadn't thought this through.

And she regretted her decision to follow the girl even more when she watched Lydia pull into the parking lot of the Whyte Worm.