26

Lydia woke up to the feeling of FP's fingers running smoothly through her hair, she smiled at her relaxed state and hummed in satisfaction. FP Jones made her forget everything. 

"So I guess I'm not boring you then?" She could somehow hear him smirk through his word. She moaned turning around to face him and snuggled up to his chest. 

"I should go." She whispered into his chest, hoping he wouldn't hear because she didn't want to leave the cocoon of comfort and passion that they had created for themselves in his run-down home. But he heard. And he whined back in reply, holding her tighter. 

"I need to start being honest with people." She managed to climb out of his grip and sit up, letting the cold air wash over their bodies, releasing them to the harsh reality that life wasn't stopping when they were in their cocoon. Life was all too real, and all too destroying for both of them. "And I think I need to start with Rachel. She's the only one I've got left now. I need her to know that I'm safe even though I'm not." She sighed, climbing over FP's legs and putting her clothes back on. 

"Are we...something?" He spoke into the comfortable silence as she prepared herself to leave the trailer. He hadn't been this nervous over a girl since he was her age since the girl he was in love was his wife. 

She blushed before bursting into laughter at the sight of the infamous southside leader that was meant to be fuelled by danger and mystery, fiddling nervously with the bed covers. She walked over to him on the bed and pecked his lips. 

"FP." She spoke softly. "You make me feel sane in this mad fucking world. And I'm not letting that slip away." She smiled and he echoed her facial expression, cupping her cheeks and kissing her once more before she left him for the day. 

FP had spent all his life looking for this feeling, who knew he'd finally realise that this was love at forty years of age. 

Lydia chewed on her nail as she stared at her red front door, it seemed darker today, almost a blood red, like the universe, was trying to speak to her, warn her.

She entered her house to hear a clatter of pots and pans, Rachel hadn't been able to sit still for days since Lydia had opened up to her. She sighed in relief as she saw the girl in the doorway. Like air was finally filling her lungs, like blood was finally flowing through her veins. She ran to the girl and embraced her. 

"You didn't come home." She hugged her tighter. "I couldn't sleep." She held her at arm's length to look at the girl's face. Rachel could never have a daughter but looking into the girl's eyes she saw one, someone she was fighting to desperately so hard to protect. "I won't ask." She whispered believing the girl's absence the previous night meant Hiram Lodge business.

"I've made breakfast, play with me a little and help me believe I have a semi-normal family."

Lydia smiled weakly. She'd like that. A normal family, or a normal her moreover. A normal Lydia Prescott, she tried not to laugh as she thought about how that life would seem.

She actually had an appetite as a plate of eggs and toast was placed in front of her and Rachel sat opposite her. 

"You excited to start southside high." Rachel said after swallowing a mouthful of egg. "No Veronica Lodge to distract you." She grinned chewing on the end of her fork. 

Lydia shrugged. "Not really my choice." She scraped her last piece of toast across her empty plate. "As for Veronica." Lydia sighed, she never knew how to finish that sentence. She never knew how she felt about Veronica Lodge. 

"Did you love her?" Rachel dared to ask. 

"I think I did." Lydia spoke up after several minutes of silence. "A long time ago." She added. "I think now I just finally see her as what she truly was all along, a Lodge. And it seems Prescott's and Lodge's are strictly business." 

"Is she part of it, her dad's empire?" 

"It's only a matter of time. She used to tell me her life has already been planned out for her and I think she likes it that way. But God help the girl when she finally comes to realise the realm, Hiram Lodge." 

"I'm sorry." Rachel whispered. "That you had to go through this."

"Don't be, it's my own fault." Lydia shook her head. 

"How? Hiram is just a-" Rachel's palms curled into fists as anger seethed through her. 

"Hiram Lodge is not the bad guy." 

Rachel scoffed. "You're completely brainwashed." 

"No, I'm not!" Lydia stood up, the chair to the dining table flying behind her. 

She wasn't going to lie to herself, she had already lied to so many people, she was going to start being honest with people because maybe there could be a new Lydia Prescott after all. 

"Hiram Lodge isn't the bad guy, I am!"

___________________________________

Sorry It's been a while and I just realised that like every chapter from the past ten chapters is like a filler chapter omg im so shit!

Shameless self-promo: Who likes Stranger Things? Who likes Billy Hargrove? Okay, realistically who loves Billy Hargrove? Yeah I know he's a bad guy and everything but I fall so easily in love with fictional sociopaths like hell my sexual awakening at nine years old was Billy Loomis and Damon Salvatore!!! 

AnYwAy I have a Billy Hargrove fanfic up that's like peng so go read that pls.

I really haven't proof read this so soz.