19

"Dad!" The trailer door swung open, crashing against the wall but Jughead wasn't fazed by the loud crashing. He was out of breath, panting, leaning against his knees as he fought to get the words out.

"Hiram." A deep breath in. "Lodge." A deep breath out. "He's looking for you."

Fp's eyes glanced to the closed door to the bathroom as his son finally went quiet.

Lydia was holding her breath, her ear pressed to the door, thanking the heavens that Jughead had impeccable timing.

"What does he want?" FP growled, shoving on his leather serpent jacket.

"The usual. A truce."

Fp scoffed. "He doesn't want truce, Jug. He wants war, he's made that very clear now." FP's voice carried smoothly throughout the trailer, sliding under the crack of the bathroom door.

Lydia stepped back, gripping onto the side of the sink.

The two boys left, FP making sure the door slammed loudly on their way out.

Lydia waited several minutes until she emerged from the small bathroom. She had to think carefully about her next few actions.

She stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, with such intensity, like it would help her find something to get out if this mess. But she came up blank.

The trailer was left unlocked as Lydia walked out making her way to the Whyte Wyrm where she assumed they'd be.

The area surrounding the pub was stripped of human life. Lydia however, had to fight her way through the metal jungle of old, empty trucks and rusting bikes.

The pub was packed with denim and leather, more faces and bodies than Lydia had ever seen together on the southside. Most noise was nothing above a whisper as the serpents huddled together around the stairs below FP's office.

Lydia looked through the crowd, seeing Jughead stood with other young serpents, looking up anxiously at the closed door that his father stood behind. Lydia made herself hidden, standing on the dark outskirts of the men and women so she could go unnoticed.

Unnoticed by Jughead Jones. But the first thing FP Jones noticed when he left the office. The first thing Hiram Lodge noticed. The suit cladded man smirked at the girl pushing herself into the corner, oh how she changed around him, this FP also noticed.

Fp stood on the banister, looking down at his gang below, all waiting for him to speak. "Our alliance with The Ghoulies is now over!" His voice was monotone as he forced the words past his lips, whilst Hiram stood behind him full of pride.

Angry shouts from below erupted. Lydia watched as Tall Boy's tomato red face scrunched up and his voice raged the loudest.

"I'm offering an out."

Silence.

"Any serpent who does not believe in my decision is allowed to leave now. Is free to walk out that door, no harm or judgment will become of them because of it."

Nobody moved.

"Hiram Lodge will not be a part of Serpent business. I have just been informed of Malachi's death that occurred early tonight. This means The Ghoulies is changing, this means the Serpents now have to change." His hands gripped the metal banister. "I understand some of you supported the dealings with the Ghoulies, I understand some of the dealings put roofs over your heads, food on your tables, that's why I'm giving you an out." He looked behind him as Hiram Lodge stepped forward.

"Any man, or woman, looking for more money, recruitment is now open for The Ghoulies." This sent a ripple of noise through the crowd. Some shouting abuse at the richer man, others could be heard seriously contemplating the offer. The southside was all about survival after all, no matter what it takes. Survival.

Lydia swallowed hard as Hiram made his way downstairs, the chatter of the serpent crowd getting louder.

Hiram made his way through the crowd, with Lydia's heart beating like a drum in her chest, he made his way towards her.

Their bodies touching, his lips drifted down to her ear. Lydia watched over his shoulder at FP staring back at her.

"Good girl." His venomous voice whispered. "We've got him right where we want him."

____________________
Sorry it's late and sorry it's short but I felt like this was quite a good ending to the chapter.