14

"FP, we need to talk." Lydia was fastening the buttons of his shirt that she wore.

"Not right now, sweetheart." He faced Lydia, helping her with the buttons. She was thinking of Archie and she was thinking of Fred, which meant she was thinking of FP Jones. Thinking of protecting him, she was actually beginning to care.

"Wait here." He demanded and made a swift escape out the office.

Lydia could hear the commotion downstairs, glass breaking, raised voices. She peeked out the door. She saw him, Hiram Lodge, in all his glory. He was in a room surrounded by tough serpents, but he still ended up being the most calm, collected and dominant person in the room.

Lydia stepped onto the balcony, overlooking the scene. The crowd filled the center of the room, closing in on Hiram. They shouted abuse at him, they didn't want him there. But Hiram stood glued to the spot, his lips in a slight smirk. It was different to the smirk FP Jones held around Lydia.  Hiram's was evil, sinister, almost used to taunt the men around him.

Then FP's voice boomed through the pub. Lydia's heart quickened at the sound of it, the dominance and power it held. He stood half way down the stairs and the whole pub turned to look at their leader. Lydia sunk back to the door, slightly covered by shadow.

"We don't want any part in your schemes, Lodge." FP's boots banged down on each step, the sound echoing through the silence. "So I suggest you leave, before I order my boys to break your legs." A few of the serpents hissed at Hiram, spitting like snakes.

"You wouldn't dare, Jones." Nobody expected Hiram to bite back. "You're forgetting how well I know you, serpent. I know who I can hurt and how I can hurt." Lydia could of sworn she saw the man's eyes flicker in her direction, where she tried her best to hide. Hiram pushed his way through the crowd with such ease until he reached the bottom of the stairs where FP stood. "I just came back to check up on you. To check if you had made a decision yet."

FP towered over the other man, normally people would cower in the presence of the 'criminal', but Hiram Lodge was worse than FP Jones, his crimes weren't petty, small, not worth a second glance. Hiram Lodge was on a whole other level. "Don't let me repeat myself, Lodge." Fp snarled. She'd never seem him this angry before, steam was almost shooting from his ears.

"Very well." Hiram smirked. "The offer still stands, Southside, but not for long." Hiram left, the verbal abuse following out the door.

Fp made his way into the crowd, walking towards the bar. His men surrounded him, bombarding him with questions. Questions either Fp didn't want to answer or didn't know the answers to.

"The Serpents are staying clean right? No more trouble?"

"I've got a family now FP! We can't have Lodge back here!"

"What's he offered us?"

And that's when Lydia saw him, as her eyes followed FP and his crowd to the bar. He was leaning against the bar, he blended in so well, with his ratty serpent jacket, his dark messy hair, tired eyes and a pint glass never leaving his hand. Jughead Jones.

His son pattered his father on the back as he ordered a drink. Fp was hunched over as his drink was placed in front of him. He'd stopped drinking for a while, but the stress of the Lodge family worming themselves back into his life got to him, and Jughead understood that.

Lydia couldn't be there anymore, it was dangerous, one small action could grab Jughead's attention and she couldn't risk him seeing her, and at the back of her mind it was probably a risk for him, her seeing him there as well.

She tiptoed her way out the bar, backing into the wall, hoping it would swallow her up or at least disguise her from any wandering eyes.

She let out a sigh when she exited the pub and saw nobody outside, she took the chance to walk away quicker. A stitch was forming in her side and she was almost tripping over her own feet in her rush.

She was far enough now from the Whyte Wyrm to slow down. But she wished she hadn't, when the headlights of a blacked out car lit her up, exposing her in the darkness. It stopped, almost silently beside her, and the back window rolled down, revealing the passenger.

"Need a ride, sweetheart?" It was odd, that word slipping out of any one's lips other than FP's. Sweetheart. Definitely not the first word people thought when they saw Lydia.

"No." Lydia said bluntly, she carried on walking but the car rolled with her.

"Get in the car, Lydia." He demanded.

The car turned into a side street, blocking her exit route. "I'm not going anywhere with you, Hiram!" The girl spat at him, as he smirked.

"Well that's the first time you have ever said that to...anyone, I'm guessing." His smirk widened as she stayed silent. "Get in the car, Lydia, because I'm sure Veronica wouldn't be happy knowing where you were tonight." Lydia sighed. Hiram kicked open the car door. "Or where you were last night." He whispered as he slid along the back seat to make room for her.

Lydia climbed in and shut the door. She tried to swallow the lump in her throat but it was adamant in staying once she heard the click of the door locking and felt Hiram glide his hand up her thigh.

"I need your help, Prescott." He leaned his arm along the backs of the seats. "Like old times, eh?" He nudged the younger girl as she sat stiff as a board, refusing to look anywhere but forward at the back of the drivers head or where she imagined it to be as the divider refused her any sight of him in the front seat. 

She refused to look at the devil that sat beside her, she could feel his body heat radiating from him. The rich smell of leather stung her nose, so she tried to not to breath, not like she wanted to breath in any essence of evil Hiram Lodge oozed, anyway. 

Hiram let out a deep breath, he was annoyed now; annoyed at her silence and annoyed how she wasn't scared of him. "Listen!" He grabbed the top of the girls arm, forcing her to look into his black eyes. "I know you think you're all tough now, being the Serpent Slut of Riverdale. But FP Jones can not protect you from me, Lydia." His fingertips were pressing into her skin, she could feel the bruises forming already. He was marking her, marking the perfect outline of his hand on her bicep. "Now, I'm not going to tell you again, because it's not a question anymore. I need your help." Lydia gulped, finally pushing down the lump in her throat. The car came to a sudden stop, but only Lydia was effected by it, her body jerked forward.

"Go to hell, Lodge!" Her voice was a hiss, visibly showing the serpent within her.