Chapter 24: Insane

I fluttered my eyes opened and glanced around. The golden sunlight trickled in through the nearby window, illuminating the white walls which surrounded me. I peered up at the ceiling as I nestled myself more within the heavy comforter before I froze. I blinked. That wasn't my ceiling. Its texture was smooth where mine was that ugly popcorn style. I jerked my head to the side. That wasn't my window. It was much larger, allowing more natural light to sprinkle in through it whereas mine was a measly little port. I sat up. That wasn't my bed. It was much softer and it cradled me just right, forming to every curve of my body. None of it was mine; not the ceiling, not the bed, not the window, not the room. All that belonged to me were the clothes on my back.

I glanced around as I gingerly pulled the blanket back and rose to my feet. I found my glasses on the bedside table and slid them onto my face. Yup...this definitely is not my room. I thought as I tiptoed to a door. I swung it open, only to be greeted by an enormous walk-in closet. Men's clothing hung perfectly from their hangers as neatly matched shoes sat on a cluster of shelves lining the back wall. OMG, so not mine! I quickly shut the door and spun on my heel. I found another door and pushed it open, only to be greeted by a brilliantly lit and clean bathroom equipped with a large tub and separate, yet spacious, shower stall with glass doors. How the hell do I get outta here? I rotated my head to the final door. I began to mentally pray and plead that that was my exit. With trembling hands, I pushed open the door and found the hallway. A very unfamiliar hallway painted a calming cream.

I tiptoed out into it, my eyes scanning the walls. I passed a few closed doors, but I dared not to open them in fear of what I'd find. I continued until I happened across a flight of stairs that led down to the first floor. Quietly, I began to make my way, carefully easing myself down each step. I saw what was the front door and was about to make a break for it when a voice startled me.

"Where are you going brat?" his voice caressed my ears, sending chills through my body.

I jerked around and saw Levi. He was sitting at his dinning room table with a steaming mug of something and a newspaper opened up. He was in his typical attire of a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of gray slacks. His hair was styled into the normal undercut he preferred and his eyes were as cold as ever. He was watching me, his stoic expression never swaying in either direction. They just remained glued on me.

In my tired stupper, I had forgotten that I had managed to fall asleep on his recliner after he had left. He had gotten a call shortly after he nearly kissed me once I referred to him by his first name. He had been irritated by the call, but excused himself, telling me to wait on him. Well, as the minutes transformed into an hour, my sleepy brain clocked out and I drifted off into a peaceful slumber on his comfy recliner. But how then did I end up in a bed? His bed at that.

"Were you trying to leave just now?" he merely asked, taking a sip of his beverage and neatly folding his newspaper. "If so, that's not very polite." He rose up from his seat and began to make his way over to me, his bare feet patting the floor with each step he took. His eyes observed me as he smirked, "After all, I'm still waiting to pick up where we left off last night."

He reached me and halted. He gazed down at me as I began to nervously chew my bottom lip. He brought his hand to my chin and tilted it, lifting my head. Warmth radiated against my skin as it vibrated from him. His smooth features softened as his thumb gently stroked my bottom lip. He lifted his other hand to the side of my face and comb a strain of my hair away. He was behaving so sweetly and kind to me. Everything from his gentle touches to his softened expression was taking me by surprise. Even his chilling stare was almost warm and inviting as he scanned my expression.

"Didn't I tell you that when you do that it drives me insane?" he asked darkly as he inched his body closer to mine.

"What...what would that be?" I gasped at how close he was growing.

He lowered his face to mine and breathed against my lips, "When you bite your lip like that. I don't think you understand just how much that affects me. Especially when you do it in class. Makes it damn near impossible to concentrate."

I watched as a flash of lust slivered across his face, nearly knocking the wind out of me. I couldn't even bring myself to mope on the day before even if I wanted to. I was so occupied with being drawn into his sinful web like a fly that my brain began to short circuit. My breathing became shallow and my knees began to wobble beneath my weight. He must have noticed because he brought his body against mine and wrapped one of his arms around me as a means to support me so I wouldn't fall. I could feel his solid abs between our clothes, causing my cheeks to flush red.

I glanced away, but he forced me to face him again and smirked, "Don't try to hide that beautiful face, shitty glasses point two."

I frowned, "I thought you weren't gonna call me that anymore."

He drew my face closer to his, his lips mere centimeters away from mine and chuckled smoothly, "I was just seeing if you were paying attention."

"Paying attention to what?" I gasped, feeling my breath hitch.

"To this," he replied before he pressed his lips to mine softly.

**Ello lovelies! Hehe. Sorry I cut this scene short, but you'll just have to wait until the next chapter to see what happens. Mwhahaha! Anyways...THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR READING! You're the real MVP here! Feel free to hit that vote button and/or to drop me a comment. Also, follow me if you'd like! :)**

-Noel Ross