Chapter 9: Ink is Ill

Ink's POV: I wake up, my vision hazy. I tried to sit up, but my head hurt like hell. My face was hot and I could barely move. Blue was right, I am sick. I coughed and my throat hurt like hell. I heard a knock at the door. "Come in..." Dang my voice sounds crappy.... Dream opened the door and peeked in, "Hey Ink....you ok? Blue told me you weren't feeling well..." 

"I'm ok Dream..." I coughed again. "Ink you sound terrible,"  (Thanks Dream) "you are obviously not ok!" He feels my forehead and I cough again. "Hold on let me get a towel for you..." He runs out of the room and comes back with a cold towel. He places the towel on my head and I shiver at how cold it was. "Hold on Ink give me a sec..."  Dream leaves the room and I close my eyes only to open them to Dream running back in the room seeming slightly panicked. 

" I'm sorry Ink, but Nightmare is causing trouble again! Blue and I will be back soon! Call me if anything goes wrong!" I simply nod because of my sore throat and Dream puts my phone on the bedside table. He waves goodbye and leaves. I simply lay there. I was still tired and dazed and everything was sore. I close my eyes. I'm just resting them......just resting them.

Error's POV: I lay there on the ground bored out of my mind. I mean if  you lived in a place where literally nothing lives, you'd be as bored as I am. I sit up. What to do, what to do..... I open a portal to Outertale and wander around. I stop and sit by a tree, staring up at the stars. I don't like many of the universes Ink creates, but honestly this one is definitely one of my favorites. The stars just make a person or monster so peaceful.... 

"Hey buddy!" I jump a little at the sudden change in silence and turn to my right. Outertale Sans was standing there with a grin on his face. "Haven't seen ya' around here before, you new around?" I look at him confused. He must not recognize me or Ink didn't warn him about me. "Well I'm Outertale Sans, but most people call me Outer." "I'm Error...." "Nice to meet ya'!" Ink must've not told him about me or he just doesn't care. 

"So what're you doing here? I've never seen you around here before." "I'm just passing by..." "Oh are you here to see the creator?" I look at him surprised. "Why would I want to see......the creator?" " Oh I guess you haven't heard. Dream told us that the creator has fallen ill" Ink is sick.... "People have been trying to see him and see how he is, but he doesn't answer the door".

"Sans are you at your post!" "Yeah bro! Gotta run, see ya' around Error or not" He walked away probably to his post so his brother wouldn't yell at him. Ink is ill.... The voices in my head stared talking again. 'Maybe you should visit him' 'You can kill him there' 'No voice three that's rude!' 'Maybe we can take advantage of him in his 'state'~' I blushed at the last voice and slapped myself mentally.

I sigh, maybe I should just visit him so these dang voices will shut up about it. I teleport to his house and appear next to his window. Inside he was sleeping soundly. I open the window carefully and slip inside, but when I landed on the floor I slipped on one of his drawings and fell on my face. Ink instantly wakes up from hearing me and hisses in pain. He looks at me. "ERROR!?" He coughed and put his hand on his throat. "W-what are y-you *coughs* doing h-here?" He sounded terrible. 

" I was just coming to see you since everyone kept saying you were sick..." Wait did I just- He blushed a light rainbow. " Y-you were w-worried about me?" I blushed. "H-hey now don't s-start t-thinking that I c-care about y-you o-or something!!!" 

3rd Person POV: Error was blushing a light yellow. He hadn't realized what he said until he said it. Ink smiled a little at the thought, thinking that Error possibly worried about his feelings and health. Ink started a coughing fit and layed back down. Ink's head was in pain and he didn't know where the towel went. He tried to cover his face. The bright light was burning his eyes(?) and Ink's unbearable headache was making his head hurt worse. 

Ink shivered as he felt something cold be placed on his head. He uncovered his eyes to see Error putting the towel back on his head. Error had gotten a bucket of water so he could easily soak the towel back in the water if it got dry. "Do you need anything else Ink?" Error's eyes were full of sympathy and worry. Ink blushed slightly and said 'water' in a raspy voice. Error nods and went downstairs to the kitchen do get a glass of water. As to why Error was now helping Ink, he didn't know himself. For some reason he just felt responsible to care for Ink.....

Soon, Error got the water and went back upstairs to Ink's room. Ink reached out for the glass, but Error shook his head. He lifted Ink up slightly and tilted his head back so he can easily get Ink to drink the water. Ink blushed and was slightly uncomfortable, but after a few seconds he just went with it. Before they knew it the entire glass was empty and Error layed Ink back down. "Do you need anything else?" Ink shook his head and closed his eyes. Ink had instantly fallen asleep.

Error  subconsciously started to rub Ink's cheek. Honestly Error did care for the little skittle. He had to admit that Ink was kind of cute.... Error thought about something and blushed, but decided to do it. He looked behind him and out the window to make sure no one was watching and quickly kissed Ink's forehead. Ink blushed a little in his sleep which made Error chuckle. Error turned towards the door and looked back once more at Ink who was curled up. Error smiled and it wasn't his usual smirk, it was a real smile. 

Error exited the room and closed the door silently. Error then teleported back to the void he called home. He knew Ink was going to be ok.

Yay I did it! Sorry for not posting a chapter in a while. The thing with Hurricane Harvey has been pretty crazy. Honestly, the hurricane hasn't affected any of us in Louisiana yet. I did want to take a small break and hang with my friends so yeah. Anyway I hope you guys in  Houston, Texas are doing ok. I heard that the hurricane hit ya'll hard. Comment down below if you live in Houston. I want to make sure you guys are ok. Even though I don't know you all personally, I still worry about you my wonderful readers. Anyway hope you enjoyed chapter 9. Bye and stay safe!

Word Count: 1213 words