Chapter 24: Recovery/AN

Its officially summer break so I should have more time to write now! Let's see how this goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream's POV: Red let out another growl as I applied some more disinfectant to the wound on his arm.

"Calm down," I told him, "by moving you'll only make the pain worse." He growled again lowly and stayed still. He continued to let out hisses of pain as I treated his arm. I wrapped it up and bandages and gently put his arms in a makeshift sling. "There. We'll apply some more medicine to it later." Red rolled his eyes. A whine was heard behind me. I turned my head to see Blue with pleading eyes. I had quickly been able to heal his soul with my magic a bit earlier, but it still had few cracks and he struggled moving a bit. I nodded and his eyes lit up a little. He went past me with a slight limp and climbed onto the couch Red was sitting on. He hugged Red gently as to not hurt his arm and Red wrapped his good arm around Blue and pet his head. They're so cute. I turned away with a chuckle and walked upstairs. They probably need some alone time. Hehe. Besides I should check on Ink. Ever since we got home, he's been so quiet. I hope he's ok. I knocked on the door to his room. "Hey Ink. Everything ok?" No answer. "Ink?" Still no answer.  I sighed. I guess I'm going in. I opened the door gently. I looked at Ink who sat on the windowsill and stared at the sunset. It gave off a bright orange glow to his face. He seemed deep in though. 

"I just.....don't understand.." Ink said breaking the scilence. "why would Error....do such a thing..." Ink looked at me with mismatched eyes. They were bright in color, but they looked so lifeless. It made me shiver. "What did I do wrong.....?" he said and put his head in his hands. I sighed sadly and walked over to him. I sat next to him and gently rubbed his back. 

"Ink you have done nothing wrong....this isn't your fault...."  I reassured him. I hated seeing him like this. 

"I loved him....I really did Dream...." he started shaking a bit. "Did he even love me back. Was he just gaining my trust.....to use me," Ink's voice stared to break, "is h-he now just t-t-throwing me a-away like t-trash...." I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled ink into a tight hug. He clung to me instantly and cried heavily into my shirt. I began to rub gentle circles on his back while humming a song. I felt my yellow aura surround both me and Ink to begin calming him down. Heh. He's kind of acting how I did....when I first confessed to him.....ironic I guess. Ink's shaking began to slow and he was now just shivering slightly. His cries turned into small sobs as he sat up again. He wiped the excess tears from his eyes. "Thanks....Dream...." I nodded and grabbed Ink's hand. He turned a bit surprised at me, but his eyes still held sadness. 

"Ink...I don't know why Error was acting the way he did, but..... I don't think he was- no I know he wasn't exploiting you for anything." I said with confidence in my decision. "I can see his aura Ink. There is something there, he does love you!" Inky eyes widened for a second, but turned back to doubt as he sighed. 

"Thanks Dream for your reassurance....and everything, but" he pushed my hand away, "it's basically done." He stood up and grabbed his paintbrush. "It's just what destiny has chosen for us. We were....just never meant to be friends, let alone together" I stood up following Ink.

"But he-" Ink cut me off. 

"I'm off. I need to start fixing Underfell.....see ya later Dream....I guess.." Before I could say anything more, Ink teleported away. I growled and punched the wall (666 words....I've been accepted- also Dream what'd that wall do to you) in frustration. I slid slowly to the floor. A lot of people would think I'd be happy with Ink and Error being apart. After all I still have feelings for him, but I'm not. I'm the complete opposite actually. I'm unbelievably upset. I'm frustrated. Why would Error do such a thing. That bastard....How could he just hurt the one he loves! I swear I'm about to punch that wall again.