Chapter 16: The Guilt Trip

No one's POV: It has been a few days since Nightmare had apologized to Cross. Nightmare hadn't come out of his room since then, but Cross was back up and running. Dust, Horror, and Killer were grateful that he had healed quickly and wasn't afraid anymore. Of course the three didn't pay Nightmare any mind as it meant 'No Nightmare, No Work'. Cross wasn't too worried when he came out of his room the day after Nightmare apologized, but now it has been nearly an entire week and Cross himself was almost completely sure that Nightmare hadn't come out to eat or drink anything. Cross looked at the top of the stairs. He wanted to go check on Nighty, but he was still afraid that he would hurt Cross again.

"You aren't actually worrying about him are you?" Chara said in his mind. (Anyone else noticed that Cross and Chara are spelled with the same amount of letters? C-R-O-S-S = 5 letters and C-H-A-R-A = 5 letters) Cross looked down.

"H-he's just been i-in there for a w-while.....what I-if he's hurt....." he wondered fiddling his thumbs. Chara rolled his eyes.

"So what!? He hurt you Cross! Why should you care?" Cross looked down again.

"Chara you know if it wasn't for him.....we would've been stuck in that.....empty AU,"  Cross said his voice quiet. Chara didn't retort back after that. Even Chara knew that if Nightmare hadn't suddenly appeared in Cross's and Chara's destroyed universe, they would've gone insane and eventually........well you know. "I'll just check on him real quick..." Chara didn't say anything. Cross took this as a sign to finally go and see Nightmare.

He walked up the stairs carefully and stopped at the front of Nightmare's door. Cross took a deep breathe before opening the door, walking inside, and closing the door behind him. Nightmare's room was completely dark and Cross's eyelights only shined a little in the room. Nightmare was laying on his bed facing away from Cross.

"Se- N-Nightmare?" Cross asked his voice a whisper. Nightmare didn't respond. Cross spoke louder. "Nightmare?" Nightmare again didn't speak and instead curled up into a tighter ball. Cross sighed and walked around the side of the bed to see Nightmare's face. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a glimmer on his desk. He walked closer towards it so his eye lights shone on it. Once Cross saw it he gasped and instantly backed away. On the desk was a knife which was covered in blood. The worst part was.....the blood was still fresh.

Cross quickly looked over to Nightmare who seemed to be shaking when he noticed the knife. He had been cutting himself because of the guilt that was eating him up and because Cross had shunned him away. Cross walked over to Nightmare and stared rubbing circles lightly on his back. He started to calm down slightly. Cross sat Nightmare up gently and hugged him tightly still rubbing circles on his back. Nightmare hesitantly hugged back. It was only now that Cross finally noticed the cuts on Nightmare's arms. Cross frowned at this and hugged Nightmare tighter.

"Cross," Nightmare's voice was scratchy from lack of water, "why are you being s-so nice to me......"  Cross snuggled close into Nightmare's chest and smiled up at him.

"Because," Cross blushed, "I love you Senpai....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is supposed to be an Error x Ink story, but now Nightcross is coming in here. Wut is happening.

Word Count: 584 words