Chapter 19: Making Things Right

I can't tell even if this is an Error X Ink story anymore! WAT IS MA LIFE!!!! >W<

No One's POV: Nightmare's eyes widened. Cross loved him? He had hurt him, beat him, and made him cry and yet Cross still cared for him. Why? Nightmare didn't deserve it. No, he never deserved that kind of affection from Cross. All he very did to him was terrible things. What made Cross want to love him anyway? He wasn't a good person nor a likable one. Nightmare himself knew that he.....was a monster. Something wet and warm went down his cheek. Cross looked up at him and wiped the wet substance away. It was only now that Nightmare realized he was crying. The king of Nightmares, the one who striked fear into anyone who opposed him, was crying in front of one of the most gullible and innocent skeletons in the multiverse. Nightmare hugged Cross tighter as if he was hanging on for dear life. Cross rubbed Nightmare's back soothingly as Nightmare cried into his jacket. At that point Cross began singing in a soothing voice.

"Pick apart the pieces you left

 and don't you worry 'bout it, don't you worry 'bout it,

try and give yourself some rest

and let me worry 'bout it, let me worry 'bout it...." 

(the first one to say what song this is gets a drawing of them/their OC just because I'm running out of things to do. so basically I'm bored).

Nightmare's POV: Cross stopped singing. I never heard him sing before and to me he sounded like the most beautiful creature ever. I hugged him tighter and he kept rubbing my back. I had stopped crying soon enough and my breath became steady. Honestly, I had no idea how much time passed, but Cross and I stayed in this position for quite a long time. I had even turned into my passive form and was snuggling into his chest as he pet my head. Suddenly, Cross picked me up bridal style causing me to squeak and blush a light purple.

"Cross," I spoke I a low raspy voice from lack of water, "w-what're you d-" Cross cut me off.

"You've been in your room for a while. You must be starving...." He said. 

"B-but Cross..." He placed his finger on my lips/teeth (idk) cutting me off again.

"Don't strain your voice," he kissed my forehead making my blush brighter, "I'm doing this whether you like it or not." I didn't protest that time. It seemed like no matter what I did Cross would just help me anyway. He began to walk downstairs causing me to grip his shirt. "Heh I won't drop ya' I promise...." He walked down being as careful as can be causing me to calm down and loosen my grip on him. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs I noticed that Dust, Horror, and Killer weren't there. They must be slacking off since I wasn't there to give them orders. Of course...... Cross placed me on the couch and went into the kitchen. I layed down staring up at the ceiling. My eyes were droopy. Did you know I can give myself nightmares? Well thats what I did. I forced myself to stay awake because of what I did to Cross. I was basically exhausted. 

I would've fallen asleep right then and there if Cross wouldn't have came back. He picked me up from the couch  causing me to blush again and carried me into the kitchen. On the table was a bowl of pasta and a glass of milk. My mouth watered slightly. I guess I was starving. He sat in the chair with me in his lap. Cross actually ended up feeding me himself. I wasn't gonna oppose his offer. Again he'd probably just do it anyway. When I had finished the whole bowl he carried me back into the living room. He sat down on the couch with me in his lap again and hugged me tight. I blushed even more. I didn't know Cross could be so sexy!?

No One's POV: Cross rubbed the top of Nightmare's skull making his eyes start to droop again. Nightmare heard Cross start singing a different song.

"Let's go in the garden, you'll find something waiting

Right there where you left it, lying upside down.

When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded 

The underside is lighter when you turn it around."

Nightmare's eyes closed.

"Everything stays, right where you left it.

Everything stays, but it still changes.

Ever so slightly...daily and nightly...in little ways....."

Nightmare fell into a deep sleep because of Cross's soothing voice. Cross smiled.

"Where everything stays....."

(Same with this song up here.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pictures drawn might be group pictures with multiple people because I will most likely feel bad for the people who guessed, but didn't guess it first. It's just my personality. T-T

Word Count: 812 words