Trump's idiotic ban on transgenders freedom to enlist

Whew. Long title. But hey, it's time the transgenders get some representation here.

Come Friday, Trump issued a ban on transgenders from serving in the US🇺🇸 military. This is absolutely ridiculous. You all don't need me to tell you that. It's a dumb rule.

According to heated Conservatives, by releasing transgenders from service, they can avoid spending money on transgender related health services.

I quote "Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail,” said President Trump.

 A study estimated that these treatments would cost the military between $2. 4 million and $8.4 million annually. Out of the 62 billion 💲 allocated for Defence, that would be a meager 0.13% at maximum.

In contrast, military expenditure on Viagra annually reads up to 41.6 million USD. That's 0.8% of the military's budget. 41.6 mill💲. For erectile dysfunction🍆.

Luckily, the ban has yet to be executed. The president’s August 25 ban memo allowed trans service members to stay in the military up to March 23, 2018, when the ban goes into effect. At least until Mattis and the Homeland Security secretary figure out how to solve the issue of transgender people already serving in the military. So unfortunately, the ban is still ongoing. The ban still should take place on 📆February 21, 2018😥.

I think it's a bit unfair though. Like, come on. Getting normal people to enlist is already difficult enough. Now you wanna add the problem of banning transgenders? Wheres the logic in that?

I think people should be given the chance to serve their country regardless of background, ethnicity, religion, gender association, etc. Because, being trans doesn't impede you abilities to defend the nation. Being an arse does.