Global Warming

Now, I realise that global warming isn't exactly an LGBT+ exclusive topic. Because, correction: it's a subject concerning everyone. So, if you think you're human, you may wanna sit tight and listen to what I have to say because, in 5 decades, we might not even be here anymore. Which means we there won't be anymore Wattpad. Which sucks cause this is like, my only social life.

Skip this paragraph if you don't wanna hear the cause of global warming (GW). GW has been a rather controversial subject for a long time. It's not only a battle of ideology among politicians, but its a cause for conflict even within the ranks of scientists since not all of them agree that GW is real. Those who do believe in it however, claim that the major cause is due to the enhanced green house effect. Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, methane and (remember this) water vapour acts as an insulating blanket in the upper atmosphere resulting in low heat loss to space because heat is reflected back to Earth. Thus, Earth is able to retain a lot of heat. This process is actually beneficial to living organisms as it keeps the Earth under relatively narrow temperature ranges. However, under extreme cases, the greenhouse effect will lead to an increase in the Earth's average temperature which of course leads to global warming.

Now, I decide to speak up on this topic because very few people realise the depth at which GW is disastrous. I'm just doing my part to raise awareness.
Besides, when people look at the statistics and realise that the average world temperature only rose 1°C every decade, some think that it's not a big deal. But they're wrong.  A small change in temperature can potentially lead to a chain of events that will catalyse an accelerated morphosis from Earth to Hell (unless you believe that hell is cold, then never mind). Technically, since the Earth is so big, even a small rise in average temperature would mean that the Earth stores an increase in heat energy equivalent to thousands of hydrogen bombs.

So, let's start with the polar ice caps. At a higher temperature, ice melts faster (obviously). But recently, we've discovered that the ice is melting waaaaay to fast for anyone's liking. This would result in a greater rise of sea levels. The Eastern seaboard of the continental U.S. as well as water locked countries like Maldives may risk being submerged under water. Fun fact: we are actually still in an ice age. That's cause at this point in history, Earth is considered pretty cold when compared with other times in the past. Now, remember how earlier I said that water vapour is also a greenhouse gas? Well, guess what?an increase in the volume of water will cause a higher rate of evaporation. Especially with the hike in temperature. This in turn will produce more water vapour in the atmosphere which in turn enhances GW which in turn futher increase the rate of evaporation. It's a cycle of death. Aka, the Venus effect.

Moreover, a small increase in temperature is capable of generating more destructive weather patterns. Hurricanes for instance. Just last month, America was hit with several large scale hurricanes; Harvey, Irma and Jose. These hurricanes are much more violent than they should be. Due to an increase in temperature, the water molecules can pick up more heat energy.  One molecule of water absorbs a lot of energy due to its high specific heat capacity properties. Multiply this by the trillions of water molecules in a hurricane and you basically get Death and Destruction gift wrapped to you.

Furthermore, when water is warmed, it's pH decreases. And that's very bad. Very bad indeed. Living creatures can only survive in a small range of pH. For humans, it's approximately 6.9-7.8. Our body maintains the stable internal pH with the help of enzymes and water. But, if the water we drink is acidic enough, our body can't regulate the pH effectively. And then we die.

Thus the effect is exacerbated because carbon dioxide dissolves easily in warm water. This causes the pH of existing large bodies of water (lakes, seas) to decrease. Which is bad for marine life as their bones/cartilage dissolves in acidic water. Coral reefs will react with acidic water forming salts that will interfere with underwater life.

Finally, if you really want evidence of an extreme product of global warming, just Google up Venus. Yep. Our neighbouring planet, the hottest one in the solar system is the result of uncontrolled GW. Now, it rains sulphuric acid and reaches up to a 400°C over there. Honestly, Venus was supposed to be a second identical Earth. Both planets have similar carbon composition and water to land ratio. The only problem was Venus was a little too close to the Sun. A small spike in temperature occurred there millions of years ago and now, it's more like Earth's evil twin. Picture of Venus above ^.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Everything I mentioned above are just the basics. When it come to GW, you can expect far worst to follow suit.