17 · Truths

Dont give up.

     Don't ever lose hope.

     "Would you look at that," Donn said, pulling the car over. We were stopped in front of an abandoned house, with empty lots on both sides of it. "It's just like the old days. I used to take Athan here when he was your age." Donn stepped out of the car and walked around, opening my door for me. I got out, and he grabbed hold of my wrist, pressing into my bruises.

     "When he was my age?" I said, trying to ignore the pain.

     "Well, maybe not quite. He's already... fuck, how old again? I think he just turned 195."

     My jaw dropped open. "I..."
     "I know, I know," Donn tugged on my arm, leading me into the house, "don't let the age bother you. At least I don't look two hundred years old, right? God, you're so cute, acting like you give a fuck about what I'm saying to you." Donn brought me closer, pecking my forehead with a kiss. I sighed quietly as we entered the house. Besides being covered with dust, everything was rather well kept and undamaged. There was a dimmer switch next to the door, and Donn turned the lights on very low. He then sat me in a chair, looking me over carefully.

     "You look so beautiful tonight, doll. You know... this doesn't have to be scary. I can make it fun for you." Donn stepped closer, kneeling down in front of the chair. "What do you say?"

     "Back off." My heart was rattling my entire chest.

     Donn shook his head and smiled at me, making my stomach flutter. "Gotcha. See, I can be a gentleman. I don't force girls to have sex with me." Donn took my hands into his own, making eye contact; his eyes had changed from blue to black. "Though... I've never had to ask, either." Donn crawled onto the chair, coming to a stop at my neck. He kissed it gently, sending shivers down my spine. I started to sweat, feeling utterly disgusted by his presence. How dare he touch me!

     "S-stop," I said, trying to move away from him. He laughed, backing up to see my face.

     "You were being so good before," Donn whispered, bringing his hand up to my face and running his thumb against my lip, "be a good girl for me and sit still." Donn moved forward, closed his eyes and kissed me passionately, but I wasn't having it. I struggled to get away, but Donn had me situated perfectly so it was hard for me to move.

     I'm not here.

     Donn's tongue trailed along my lips and and the inside of my mouth, tempting me to bite his tongue off, but I sat there, not moving.

     This... isn't really happening.

     His hand came down and started rubbing my inner thigh, causing the hair on my body to stand up.

     "Relax, Jenny..." Donn sighed, his hand rubbing against my crotch now. I turned my head away, Donn beginning to kiss down my cheek and to my neck again.

     This was happening! This... sicko was forcing himself onto me! How could I have let myself come here?!

     I thrusted myself forward as hard as I could against Donn, able to push him away just enough to free my hand and slap him across the face. He placed a hand on his cheek and sucked in air through his teeth.

     "That's one hell of a kick, sweetheart. Unfortunately for you," Donn grabbed my hands and pressed them against the arms of the chair, making them impossible to move again, "you don't get to use those anymore. I didn't want to kill you, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist, now that you've gotten me... s-so riled up." Donn grinned and cracked his neck, his fangs showing; his eyes were now completely engulfed by blackness. I glanced at him and glanced away, an image of my body twisted and bleeding on the ground flashing into my mind. Donn opened his mouth a bit wider, as if he was about to strike.

     "Wait! W-wait..." I screamed, getting Donn to stop, "Don't... d-don't kill me." This made Donn explode with laughter.

     "You... are so fucking cute? Holy shit. Maybe Athan didn't just want you for feeding."

     "I-if you don't kill me, I'll... I'll let you... feed... w-whenever you want!" I swallowed hard, struggling to make eye contact with him. Donn sighed, an unamused expression taking over his face.

     "You know humans can only take so much blood leaving their body. And with your... slight build, you would die in a few days, anyway. Allow me to put you out of your misery."

     "P-please! I'll do whatever you want! I... I don't want to die. I-I don't..." Tears had formed and started sliding down my cheeks.

     "Damn," Donn said, his voice deep, "way to kill the mood, doll. I expected you to be awake for the first time, but I don't necessarily care for sad, crying girls while I eat." Donn then let go of my arms, and I brought them to my chest, hugging myself tightly. He brought his hand up above me, starting to pet my head gently. His eyes were blue again.

     "I don't want you to get used to this." he continued, looking at the features of my face. I felt myself start to slip from consciousness, just like the night in the kitchen with Athan. "I like you, Jennifer. I really do. But, after a while, my patience... thins out. I won't... be able to fight you forever..." Donn kissed me gently, and I closed my eyes, the warmth cradling me into sleep. There was a pinching sensation on my neck, but the feeling went away quickly as I drifted further into unconsciousness.

     If you lose hope, you lose life.