Chapter 4 - New Home

This chapter is dedicated to  Princessbunners! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~

Hisako pov:

I glanced around the lake in front of which I stood to make sure there was no one or nothing there. I couldn't hear the rustle of the leaves of the bushes around, I couldn't hear the shuffling of feet of possible peeping toms and I couldn't sense any sort of strange aura like I did when I had passed Sesshomaru and the wolf boy. Nonetheless, I continued to look around for a few moments before letting my guard down just a little.

I took off my blood stained and sweat drenched clothes and threw them at the base of the nearest tree. I then stepped into the cool water of the lake and an involuntary shiver went down my spine when I sat down in the water so that it reached my neck. After a few seconds of getting used to the water temperature, I dove under completely so my hair too could get a much needed cleaning. I surfaced moments later and pushed my wet hair out of my face.

I let out a sigh in content and went ahead with washing all the dirt off my skin while ignoring the scars I had on my torso and shoulder from the gun shots. It felt good to wash up after what felt like forever and it felt amazing to get the sticky blood and sweat off of me. I didn't have any soap or shampoo and this was the first time I was actually bathing in a lake – I had never done so even on the hiking trips I went on with the others of Love Lock because they usually lasted one day at max. So I had to suffice with using the unlimited supply of water of the lake to get as squeaky clean as I possibly could. It was good enough, surprisingly, and after I was done washing up, I just sat in the water relaxing and looking at the darkening sky.

I was yet to figure out where I was. I had been to a small primeval village where the people had called me a demon and had begged me to spare their lives. I was annoyed by their reactions to my sudden appearance and I didn't have the patience or the energy to go about explaining that I wasn't a demon. They had told me that I could take whatever I wanted from the village for free and I had taken up their offer with no hesitance. I had got myself something to eat, to quell the painful scrunching up of my stomach because of days without food and packed some extra so I wouldn't have to starve while continuing my search for real civilization.

I had also taken some clean clothes to wear though I was mildly surprised at the lack of variety. All the clothes that they had on sale were kimonos, yukatas for both men and women and haoris and hakamas. Seeing not much choice, I had first taken a black color snug fit vest that reached my mid thigh. It was made of some sort of elastic cotton material or something but it was very comfortable to wear and move around in. I also picked out an orange yukata robe and a yellow obi that I would wear over the vest, tied around with a comfortable slit remaining for easy movement. For proper leg protection, I picked out black leggings and matching slip on shoes made of tough and thick enough material to handle walking and rugged movements in case I ended up fighting with some weird creatures again.

I returned to the present upon hearing the silence around me broken by the crickets. The sun had set and it was now completely dark. I decided it was time for me to get out of the water, get dressed and get moving. I got out of the water and dried off with the towel I had taken from the village. I put on the clothes and set them comfortably before picking a random direction to walk.

 I put on the clothes and set them comfortably before picking a random direction to walk