Chapter 7 - Chance to Return

This chapter is dedicated to Haru-Nari8! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Hisako pov:

"Where are we going now, Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin questioned as she rode Ah-Un with me walking beside her.

"What does it matter to you where we are headed, Rin? Stop questioning Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken hollered in return.

I rolled my eyes, not surprised in the least by Jaken's behavior or that of Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru was silent and didn't bother to answer Rin's question, just like he always did on any other occasion as I had seen, and the imp got all frenzied, resulting in Rin receiving a scolding for no reason. Although, Rin was used to their behavior so she passed it off without letting it affect her bright mood.

More than a week had passed since I began to travel with Sesshomaru's ragtag team. Rin, Ah-Un and I were left behind in random clearings of the forest twice, the first time of which was the very first day I began to travel with them. Both times he was gone for more than a day and Rin and I had ended up going on an exploration adventure because we had nothing else to do. Well, it wasn't much of an adventure and merely a walk through the thriving forest while fending off small demons every now and then.

I had had no luck with finding a way back home to the modern world. No matter where we traveled or how much Rin and I went exploring when Sesshomaru was off with Jaken taking care of his personal matters, I had found nothing that could hint me on ways to get home. Eventually, after several failed attempts, I gave up and decided to go with the flow until something popped up on its own.

Being a part of this odd group has been surprisingly pleasant. Sesshomaru is a very silent demon, and mostly uninterested in anything happening around him, so he rarely speaks up. He's the group leader of sorts and in some ways a sort of fatherly figure to Rin. I can clearly tell that he cares for her safety and well being despite being quite aloof most of the time. Rin, Jaken and Ah-Un follow his orders without any fuss, mostly out of respect, though there are times when Jaken gets nervous and frightened of Sesshomaru when he says something he probably shouldn't have.

The overall atmosphere of the group is tranquil and comfortable though there are instances when I have been highly aware of Sesshomaru's raw power. He is a very powerful demon, possibly even a little more than Naraku whose demonic aura I had found to be intimidating enough to make me feel wary of him. But Sesshomaru's presence is oddly soothing – it's strange that I feel this way considering the fact that I'm not really a people person and it's been just a week since I met him.

Whatever the reason, Sesshomaru's company is the only company I have felt so comfortable with besides that of my family in Love Lock.

I suppose I have been following his orders as well because they haven't been anything that I find imposing. Besides telling us to stay behind when he needs to take care of something, he hasn't really given out any orders to me particularly. During the times we took breaks in our journey, Sesshomaru often instructed Rin to look for food and in case we had stopped near hot springs, he instructed Rin to wash up. I usually joined her to make sure she was safe and so I could quell my hunger and wash up as well.

I had never expected Sesshomaru to actually be a complacent person when I met him for the first time. After all, he was a full-fledged dog demon, of royal lineage no less, so I had assumed he would be a moody and short tempered demon. He was stoic, no doubt about that, but not as uptight as I thought he would be. Surprisingly enough, he has also catered to Rin's small requests every now and then, whether it be a pause in our journey to forage for food or merely because Rin was tired and wanted to rest. Although, when Rin was tired, she often traveled on Ah-Un, even managing to fall asleep despite the slightly jerky ride.