fond.♥︎

"I–I thought you wouldn't wake up Taehyung."

Jungkook's eyes stung and his hands were shaking slightly.

Taehyung smiled sadly intertwining their fingers together as he held the other boy's hand for comfort.

"Jungkook."

Taehyung didn't want to lie to the boy, he didn't want to break his heart even more by spewing out lies.

Even if it meant the other had to leave him so be it.

Taehyung didn't want to hurt him.

"I have cancer."

Jungkook felt his heart sink.

"I– I know."

Taehyung was shocked, his hands began to get clammy his chest felt painfully tight.

"You shouldn't be with someone like me."

Taehyung downcast, averts his eyes to the tiled floor his heart aching as he bit his lip.

"Why would you say that?"

Taehyung sighed.

"Jungkook I probably won't get to live, I don't want you to be with someone like me."

"You should find someone better."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrow up in confusion.

"Taehyung, there is no one better than you I don't care if you have cancer."

"You having cancer doesn't change any of my feelings towards you."

"I love you, and only you."

Jungkook strokes the other's hair softly, tucking his brunette locks behind his ears.

Taehyung was rendered speechless he didn't know why Jungkook would still want to stay with him.

"As long as you're shining, I'm okay."

Taehyung's eyes teared up, his heart was pounding and the fondness he had towards this boy was something one couldn't put into words.

It only grew stronger as the days went by.

"I promise to make you smile."

Jungkook's grip on the others hand tightened, he grinned goofily at the other boy.

A bunny.

"I love you."

Taehyung felt his heart flutter at the boy who's bunny smile had made him weak at the knees.

The boy leaned forward to kiss the others cheek, he giggled.

"I love you too."