never love.♡

"You must love seeing me cry."

Jungkook shook his head, frantically almost. His eyes wide, as he reaches out, the pad of his thumb stroking a tear away from the boy's honey-toned cheek.

"You need to forget, that you saw me here."

Dick move. He knows that but it was the only way to make sure the boy he loves was safe. If his father knew, the boy standing in front of him, the boy of his dreams, would be killed.

Taehyung chuckled, humourlessly his eyes narrowed into slits and his fists were clenched by his side, jaw clenching.

"You think I'm stupid like before?" Taehyung almost screamed in aggravation. Six years, six years of longing for someone who he thought was dead.

Here Jungkook was telling him to forget, to what, maybe pretend as he were dead? No. Fuck no.

Jungkook felt tears well up in his eyes, his throat was tight as he tried to speak, tried to keep the thought of just feeding on his selfishness and he thought to just run away with Taehyung and leave everything behind. Start anew.

It wasn't that easy, this was the mafia, not a game not something he could run away from like he had tried to before, but that only caused so much more bloodshed.

He glanced at the tattoo on his wrist, dark and almost daunting. A set of numbers just to remind him no, he wasn't a human, he was a man with no deserving identity. He had now harmed so many, how could he even think of keeping the precious boy standing before him?

He wasn't a flimsy teenager no more, he wasn't weak and second thoughtful. He was worse than before, everything had gotten worse. After he had left Taehyung.

But no. Taehyung deserved better, needed better, his life would be at risk and although their love seemed all worth giving up lives, Jungkook would do anything and everything to make sure his boy was living the normal adult life he should.

Anything that belonged to the world of the mafias, was something not to be dealt with. It was reckless, cruel and unforgiving. Not a suitable lifestyle for someone he keeps so dear to him.

"You're not leaving me, I'm not leaving you." Taehyung sternly speaks in a thick tone, he grasps Jungkook's arm, his eyes burning holes through the startled male.

"I don't know, I really don't know what type of shit you've got yourself into–"

Taehyung's eyes turn soft and molten, his voice desperate almost. Please. He just needed the other, hardships were no matter to him.

"But fuck, I will endure it all, if that just means we won't part." His words hung in the air hauntingly, his velvet voice ringing in Jungkook's ears like a calling.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung with apologetic eyes, glistened with unshed tears and pain, he did not want to leave him, but it wasn't like there was a choice for him. 

Let him go. But do I really want to?

No, not ever. 

"Fucking stop. I do not want you in my life." Jungkook gritted his teeth, holding back so much, so much restraint. 

"Don't you understand? There will be nothing, there should be nothing for you to endure with."

"I do not love, I never did, never will Taehyung." Jungkook smiles, painfully forced. Taehyung found it hard to breathe, his heart was being broken by every word that left the boy's mouth.