hit and run. ♡

"We're going to hurt him for his own good."

Hoseok's eyes enlarged, frightened he glances over to his redheaded friend, the boy's head lay on a single table and he happened be heaving a sigh occasionally.

He was drunk, drunkenly hurt and his friend pitied him greatly. Taehyung looked miserable.

"H-Hurt?" The man who always smiled had now a grimace on his face.

The mysterious male in front of him offered a sheepish smile, the other noticed he had a set of grills on his bottom set of teeth, everything about the male brought the feeling of unsettlement.

"Now, we can't call it hurting-" A brief pause occurred and the orange haired boy felt like an hour had passed already before he continued.

"Let's call it healing, Jung Hoseok." Hoseok frowned as his full name escaped the lips of a stranger.

"How-"

"We have no time to waste, pull him out of the club, drop him off here."

The hooded husk voiced male handed a slip of paper to the other, his eyes boring blankly into Hoseok's.

The boy read the address, gulping he looked over his shoulder to see Taehyung now crying unscrewing another bottle of liquid to intoxicate him. He had his kohl liner washed down his cheeks.

It felt terrible, terrible to see him so vulnerable to alcohol. Jungkook was dead, would it be better that Taehyung forgets he even existed at all?

Hoseok clenched his fist, his fingers gripping the paper between them tightly. Pinching the bridge of his nose he let out a long sigh.

"Fine. Just make sure he'll get back to me."

The strange man smiled victoriously, his eyes lit up.

"Oh of course, what else would we want with that boy." But Hoseok felt a bit of uncertainty at that moment, he was hoping this would all piece together to become something more hopeful for Taehyung. For him to move on, he'll have to forget Jungkook for good... right?

"It's for his good remember." The man in front of him clicked his tongue as he tapped the side of his temple, turning around he walks away from Hoseok.

"Maybe you can have him for yourself."

Jimin cried into his small hands, he was once again witnessing his best friend hooked up to machines, in a hospital bed, lifeless looking.

Hoseok frowned, his gut-wrenching with guilt.

"It was a hit and run case."

Jimin ground his teeth together, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Do they know who did it?" Namjoon shook his head, shoulders slumped as he gripped the arm of his chair tightly, his knuckles turning pale.

"I wish I knew, but it was strange, all they said was that it was a hit and run there was no further explanation of who and how."

"I feel like everything is just fucking fabricated."

"What?!" Yoongi shouted his voice pitched with disbelief, a few visitors turned their heads at the shout, the mint-haired boy bit his lip.

"I'm sure my father could have something."

Jimin instantly lightened up at this, he gripped his boyfriend's shoulders, desperate.

"Please ask him about it," The other male lightly kissed the other's cheek, rubbing the boy's back comfortingly.

"Don't worry, at least we know Taehyung will make it out alive," Yoongi spoke softly to Jimin.

"I'll speak to my father, I'm sure he can make some sense out of this."

Jin cleared his throat, swallowing back his tears, he sniffled a little leaning onto Namjoon's shoulder.

Hoseok bit his lip, hard enough to draw blood.

"I'm sorry Taehyung."  He whispered under his breath as he watched him tentatively, his stomach now churning with guilt, he wanted to throw it all up.

Taehyung let out a little groan, shifting in his bed, Jimin almost screams in terror quickly running out of the room to call a doctor.

The red-headed boy squints his eyes at the bright light that cascades above him, it was familiar, this light, this room and the distinct smell of sanitizers and the sound of fragmental beeping.

Jimin almost sprints back into the room, a doctor idles behind him a clipboard in her hands she walks over to the bed where Taehyung lay.

His eyes shift to hers, and he feels fearful somehow. He didn't like how he felt the familiarity to a hospital.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyung's throat rasped as he spoke a response.

"Fine." The woman nodded reaching over to hand the boy a glass of water,
he gulped it down quickly, thanking her.

"Taehyung, after the accident we ran a few tests."

"The aftermath of your accident results in you having been diagnosed with short-term memory loss."

"I- What?" Taehyung stutters, Jimin feels his heart drop.

Would he remember us?

"T-Taehyung." The boy looks over the doctor's shoulder, Jimin stands behind her, but Taehyung has a hard time trying to remember who exactly he is.

"Who are you?"

Jimin fights back his tears his hands shaking, as he took little steps toward the hospital bed.

"Your best friend?"

"Childhood friend?"

Taehyung blinks.

"I-I'm sorry." Taehyung bites his lip, regretful he feels the person that stood before him really was something special.

Why can't I remember you?

His eyes find the other's who stood up from their chairs staring right at him, all of them looked so sad and so... pitiful.

"Jungkook?"

Taehyung shakes his head, eyes narrowed trying to focus on the names, nothing seemed familiar, nothing of a Jungkook rung a bell.

This was short term, sure, but the name Jungkook especially couldn't dig anything, he hadn't even heard of such a name.

Hoseok loses it, he's on his knees bawling his eyes out. This was his fault. All of it.

"I don't. I don't remember him, I don't remember any of you."