Wedding Vows

[Mild cursing]

Rated G

~~~

"Master, I could write them for you and save you the trouble."

"Nonsense, I have to do this myself." Ciel tapped the ink dipped utensil against his wooden desk harshly.

The room fell silent as Sebastian watched his young master practically wreck himself over a half page of handwritten vows.

The Phantomhive wedding was mere weeks away and Elizabeth had bragged about how she had taken the time to write her vows diligently.. well Ciel had been busy.

He breathed harshly though his nose and nearly beat his brains onto the desk before him. "What could I possibly say? How does one even..write feelings on paper?"

"Perhaps you should ask Lady Elizabeth, master."

"Absolutely not." He huffed and started to scribble down sentences and quotes as he tried desperately to comb his brain for results.

The candle on his desk melted down smaller and smaller as time passed Sebastian tried to coax him into bed for some adequate rest but nothing would have him until he wrote those damned wedding vows.

Ciel stared at the paper for what felt like hours upon hours just wishing the right words would pour out onto it. No such thing happened, however.

"How do I feel about Elizabeth?" He groaned and mumbled to himself. "Well..shes certainly loud.. annoying.. sometimes rude.. naive... She eats a lot of pickles.." Sebastian arched a brow. "I'm glad you're writing all of this down. I'm sure she'd love to hear it at the altar."

"Sebastian, fetch some tea or something.. You're bothering me."

"As you wish." With that being said, Sebastian turned and took his silent leave. However, it wasn't long until Ciel fell asleep on his desk.

He woke that evening still concerned about the fact that he couldn't even write down a few nice words to his soon to be wife. She'd literally kill him if she read what he did write down..

As his luck would have it, business picked up and Ciel was once again off participating in meetings and production arrangements leaving Elizabeth to plan most of the wedding on her own. He never had the chance to sit down and finish writing his vows, so when their wedding day came about he stood at the altar in front of his beautiful bride with the thick realization of 'Oh my god I forgot my vows'.

Sebastian saw the clear panic in his eyes and he quickly motioned for his master to check his coat pocket. Relief washed over Ciel as he pulled a folded up piece of paper from his pocket. Sebastian must have went ahead and wrote his vows for him, he would have to thank him later.

He unfolded the paper and his eyes widened in disbelief. He gave Sebastian a look and ran a hand through his hair nervously. This hadn't been what he was expecting.

'Loud, annoying, sometimes rude, naive, and she eats a lot of pickles.'

He quietly folded the piece of paper and slipped it back into his pocket. Elizabeth was grinning from ear to ear, " Go ahead, darling, read what's on the paper." Ciel glanced between the grinning Elizabeth and the conniving butler off to the side of the room. He smiled knowing this was something they'd both orchestrated as a result of him not taking the time to write his own vows. He took a deep breath and to the best of his ability he explained everything he couldn't seem to put on paper all those weeks ago. As sweet as he possibly could, he kissed the back of her hand softly. He wasn't sure if they would be going on a honeymoon or if she would be burying him after the wedding. He knew she had read the paper, obviously, but by the look on her face she didn't seem too upset about it.

Sebastian seemed to enjoy seeing his master squirm as well... He would have to have a little chat with him after all of this was said and done.

~~~

Here some cute fanart for you lovelies! *disclaimer*