Secret Santa

[Rated G]

Cute and short fic*

A/N~ I'm super late on publishing this for the holidays ... XD So sorry guys! Been working on my other Kuroshitsuji fanfic..

~~~

"Bard that tree looks a little too close to the fire place, wouldn't you say?"

"Nah, this looks great. The fire will cast over the fancy bulbs and such." Sebastian stared at the room full of misfits under his supervision. He shook his head in distaste. Nothing was ever done right unless he did it himself.

Bard struggled to hoist the tree into place as he insisted his could do it without assistance. "Bard-" Sebastian began but stopped himself as the large seasonal tree caught fire. Flame were quick to engulf the pine bristles, leaving Bard to run around the room with a tree over his shoulder as he tried to properly extinguish the overgrown shrub.  "God save the queen!! Get this twig out of the house before it scorches the floors!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. Sebastian couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

With the help of a maid, Bard catapulted the tree out of a nearby bay window. Not only did it shatter the window completely, but it landed in the garden pond just on the other side. Smoke rolled into the air as the flames ceased to exist. 

Sebastian stared with no expression on his face. He was beyond any emotion at this point. Bard wiped his brow and looked back at Sebastian. "Just a little bump in the road, eh, 'bastian?" His cold eyes locked onto the man before him and not once did he blink or look away. "Bard."

"Right, I'll fix this, don't you worry!" He and the maid left out of the from door of the manor. Shortly after, Ciel descended the stairs, "What was that noise?"

"Nothing to be concerned with, master."

"Good. When will Lizzy be joining us?"

"Soon, I presume." Ciel nodded and looked over the front room. "What happened to the window?" As if on cue, Bard and his helping maid opened the front doors wide and proceeded to drag a soaked tree, covered in algae and other pond life, to the front of the fire place. "It oughta' be dry in a quick jiff, don't you think, 'bastian?"

"Dear God.." The demon butler pinched the bridge of his nose. "Master, I have work to do. Please excuse me." Without another word, Ciel turned heel and headed back up the stairs. The screams and pleas of Bard could be heard throughout the manor as he closed his office doors behind him. That was all Sebastian's problem...

Besides, he had his own problems to work out. Like, for example, Lizzy.

This year Sebastian had suggested they do a secret Santa instead of the traditional abundance of gifts. Of course Ciel had drawn Elizabeth's name out of pure luck. (Please note the sarcasm)

Sebastian had pulled Ciel's name and Bard had Sebastian. This was going to be an interesting Christmas to say the very least.

He sat at his desk and massaged his temples as he pulled apart his brain to, hopefully, locate a decent gift suggestion of some sort. Dresses? She had plenty. Hair ties? Hats? Face power? She had literally anything she could ever want.

The young Earl groaned and leaned back in his chair as far as possible without flipping himself. Why couldn't he have gotten Sebastian or Bard?? Because that would've been too easy for him.

Flowers? She liked flowers..but that wasn't really a Christmas present. He ran his hands through his hair and rubbed his scalp, harshly, out of frustration.

He then dropped his arms to the desk in front of him, catching a brief glance of his ring, glimmering. Suddenly, he had an idea.

Quickly, he grabbed his coat and headed out of the manor without a word to anyone. He purposely avoided the room where Sebastian could be heard scolding Bard. 

Ciel took a buggy and headed into town for some quick shopping while his thoughts were fresh in his mind. He knew what to get Elizabeth, it was perfect!

~~~

On Christmas morning, Sebastian dressed Ciel in a black and royal blue suit. He had planned to throw a feast for his master and Lady Elizabeth. He had Bard on all of the food and catering arrangements while he tied up loose ends. 

Ciel sighed and stared down at the ring on his hand, uncertain of whether or not Elizabeth would like her present. He had social anxiety leading up to presenting it to her.

When Elizabeth arrived, with bells on mind you, she took note of the freshly chopped and decorated tree in the marble tiled room as well as the very much so new looking window.

"Oh this is nice.." Bard stood to the side of the room scratching the back of his neck nervously, "ummm, yeah looks great."

The Phantomhive family gathered around the tree later that evening to exchange gifts. With a blush on his face, Ciel handed a gift to Elizabeth. "I hope you like it.."

"Oh how lovely of you, Ciel.." Elizabeth smiled as she gently pulled at the paper that was snuggly wrapped around the small gift. Ciel looked nervous, he wasn't sure she was going to like it but he thought she should have one anyway.

Underneath all of the paper was a small leather box. "Ciel is this..?" She propped the little box open and a silent gasp fell from her lips. "Its beautiful.."

Gently, Elizabeth plucked the finely crafted white gold ring from its chamber. Sebastian was just as shocked, only he was better at hiding it. The gemstone was the same as his own family ring, the blue in the center just as astonishingly deep. Only the ring itself was made for a woman. It shared the same engravings as his did and on the flat inside of the ring it had her full name.

Elizabeth Cordelia Midford Phantomhive

"Ciel this is..."

"For you, I thought you should have one too. Since you're to be the new lady of the Phantomhive family it's only right that you have something other than me to show for it." He shrugged like it was no big deal. However, Elizabeth felt quite the opposite as she lunged forward and tossed her arms around his neck. Both of them fell to the floor next to the fireplace.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, Ciel!!"

"L-lizzy! You can't just-"

"I love you so very much!!"

"Lizzy I can't breathe..!" She squeezed him even tighter after hearing his protests and there wasn't a centimeter of his face unkissed. "Oh Merry Christmas, Ciel!"