{DemonCiel} Take Me To Church

Trigger warning: This is a sensitive topic for tons of people, take everything that follows with a grain of salt.

This is a story request done by my own religious experiences, not researched. So again, don't take anything serious or rely on any of the following for references or reliable information! This is a fan fiction!

Disclaimer* I own nothing!

~~~

There has been a days old take on many different religions depicting the demons as bad and the holy light as good.  No matter the religion there appears to be a common factor when determining what is bad and what is good. For example, if it has red eyes, horns, sharp teeth, and occasionally black wings- it's probably not in the good category.

Ciel was a very non religious man, and even he agreed of that much .

His fiancée was of the Catholic religion, which hadn't posed any sort of threat to him up until now. Of course, Elizabeth had not an inkling of an idea that he and Sebastian were demons. If she had then she probably wouldn't want to see them sit in the midst of a Catholic congregation , or any congregation for that matter.

You would think she would find something amiss considering the last time Ciel had ever been in front of any form of power when it came to religion, when asked, he admitted to being a full blown atheist.

Religious power meaning the Pope.

It was the day Ciel thought Elizabeth was going to take him out of this world. He had stepped in on a meeting with the Queen and the Pope, of course not on purpose, and she welcomed him to sit. Awkward was an understatement as he tried every way possible to bow respectively and slip out. It was a misunderstanding among the staff, a mistake in which they thought she was alone in her quarters and taking visitors.

But no.  She invited him in for tea, it would've been rude to decline any further. So Ciel allowed himself to be seated off to the side as they continued to speak.

Have you ever made prolonged, unfiltered eye contact with the Pope? He stared right through Ciel the entire time. For the duration of the brief meeting, that seemed like hours, Ciel had started to give thought to the possibility that there really was a God and he was screaming demon in the Pope's ear.

Perhaps just a guilty conscious..

"Tell me young man, how strong is your faith?"  

Faith? Haha. Of course it could be seen as a contradiction to be a demon and still not believe in some sort of higher power. Ciel didn't believe in neither heaven or hell, but it wasn't because he was made into a demon. His beliefs dated back and remained the same from when he was just a boy being forced to learn a Catholic education. 

"Oh, I'm an atheist." 

Elizabeth nearly killed him when she heard the talk going about the church.

"An atheist, Ciel?! You told the Pope that you are an atheist?! To his face?!"

"What?! And what if I were to be wrong and there actually is a God?? I don't want to go to hell for being a liar, Elizabeth." 

She had just stared at him back then, in clear disbelief. She didn't know if she should pray, be insulted, or scold him more.

You would think she learned by now that regardless of what Ciel believed, he just didn't mesh well with religion.  Yet here they were. Sitting in the front pew as the lovely father conducted the congregation.  Every single time he glanced at Ciel, the young Phantomhive sunk further and further into his seat.