chapter 3

Trigger warning: self-harm and bullying

Kays POV

I don't want to do this. I know Mel and James come here so at least I have my sister and brother here. Taking a deep breath I open the door and walk into the deserted hallway. I'm late. Like always. I couple of people pass me and give me weird looks. I am looking particularly depressed today so. At least I have my pride wristband!! I walk to first period and slide into the back but I still get caught. Shit

~~~~~~~~skippity skip skip~~~~~~~~~

Halfway through fourth period the lunch bell goes (A/N we have 5 periods. Break in 2nd and lunch in 4th) and I walk down the hall. A strong arm slams me into the lockers, knocking the wind out my lungs. I don't have time to see my attacker when their fist collides into my jaw. Several other fists and feet kick and punch my ribs and arms and thighs. I gasp at the sharp pain.

They obviously heard me because they kick and punch harder. Blood pours warm and thick from my nose, head and arms. They drop me to the floor with a final shout of "emo fag!" and walk off. Three minutes later I drag myself to the bathroom texting mom saying I'm going to be late. I lock myself in a stall and take out my silver companion.

I drag it over my skin relishing the pain. It slips and slides over old cuts and creates new ones. I carve 'emo' in one arm and 'fag' into the other. I pull off my jacket, slashing my upper arms and I lift up my shirt, creating more cuts. Finally I am satisfied with the damage done and I clean myself up before heading out. My sister sees me leaving and rushes to my side.

"Where are you going?" She asks. "Home" I reply, walking away. When I finally reach home everything aches. I have a bust lip and dried blood coats my arms and face. "What happened??" Mom asks. "I fell I mutter" before walking to the bathroom to wash my face.

Once I'm clean I walk downstairs only to be greeted by Black freaking Veil Brides!!!!! Nervously I take a seat besides Jinxx and mom. Jinxx hugs me and smiles. I smile and hug back before getting attacked by CC, Jake and Ashley. I hug back and meekly say "hi I'm Kay but you can call me Leigh"
"Have you taken your medication today?" Mom whispers in my ear. I turn to him and nod. Relieved he says "this is Andy" Andy looks at me and walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. He squeezes me and I squeak in pain, suprise and adoration. I can feel him grin. Before he pulls away he kisses my cheek, lingering there before backing away to sit on the floor.

My cheeks heat up and his grin widens. We spend the next two hours getting to know each other until Mom pulls me into the kitchen. "Show me your arms" he demands "Kells it's fine!" I insist. "I saw blood on your arms. Show me" he demands. Sighing I shrug off my jacket and lift up my shirt. He gasps and carefully touches my cuts. "Don't tell dad" I plead. "He'll just kick me out and send me back"

"He won't" mom insists. "Yes he will mom" I say. "She's right. I will." We both swivel to see Vic leaning against the door frame, staring at me. "You're a danger to everyone. GET OUT!!" He screams. Tears streaming down my face I drop my shirt, pick up my jacket and run into my room.

When I finish packing everything, my room is bare. My pillows and posters and clothes and make up and chargers are in several bags. I attempt to carry them downstairs. I run into CC. "What happened? Where are you going?" He asks confused and worried. "Vic kicked me out coz I cut myself again" I sniffle. Arms wrap around me. "I'm so sorry honey. I love you so much." Mom tells me. "I love you too mom" I bury my face into him. "Get away from it Kells. It will only hurt you." Vics words stung.

"Come live in the BVB house with us." CC offers. "Yes!" Andy shouts. "Gladly" I say. I shoot an icy look in Vics direction, give Kellin a quick hug and then let Jake lead me to the car whilst Jinxx, CC, Ash and Andy carry my bags to their car. Even when we reach the BVB house I'm still crying.