chapter 14

Vics POV

"I left. I got on a train. I got the fuck out of there. I stayed in a hotel for a few nights then moved. I kept doing that for a couple of weeks and then I somehow found myself back here. I was about to come see you and then Jaime posted that Kay was awake so I came here instead." I finish explaining and start shaking.

"Bullshit." That's Kellin. "Bullshit. If you really didn't want to be here then why the fuck did you come back? And why," he starts to raise his voice "The fuck did it take you WEEKS TO COME BACK WHEN YOUR DAUGHTER WAS IN A FUCKING COMA, DIDN'T KNOW IF SHE WAS GONNA WAKE UP, CANCEL THE WHOLE FUCKING TOUR AND NOT TELL ANYONE WHERE YOU WERE? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

Kellin stops shouting and just runs past me and out the door, sobs follow him like a flock of sheep.

"What happened Vic?" Kay asks. I can't lie to her. "I left. Kellin and I had an argument because we all wanted to cancel the tour because you were in a coma and Kellin didn't. He said you would've wanted us to go but I kept fighting for you. He didn't seem to care." I can tell as I'm telling her that she's thinking.

"I understand both sides. I think you were wrong though and Kellin was right. But he doesn't care does he? He's been here this whole fucking time and where were you? Oh that's right, no one fucking knows! You left your child and husband for weeks!"

She's getting and angry and a machine starts beeping faster and faster. "YOU DON'T FUCKING DO THAT! AND NOW HE'S CRYING SOMEWHERE NEEDING YOU TO TALK TO HIM SO YOU CAN SORT IT OUT AND WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING DOING? JUST STANDING THERE NOW GET THE FUCK OUT! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN!" Her rant ends and she flops back. Before I go I hear her whisper, "you say Kellin never cared but, do you?" And then I leave.

I find Kellin in the hallway. He's just huddled over in the corner. Crying. I sit next to him. "I heard the shouting," his voice is muffled but understandable "it hurt Vic! You weren't there and she could've been dying! I love you so so much and I was scared that I would have to go through this on my own. I want you, I need you. Please don't do it again."

I take one of his hands and tilt his chin so he looks at me. "I love you so so much as well and I promise. I'm so so sorry." He nods and crashes his lips against mine.

"I know where there's a lockable cupboard." He says when he pulls away. Winking at me, Kellin pulls us up and leads me down the hall and away from innocent young ears.

Kay's POV

Everyone has either gone home or gone to get food so now I'm alone. I don't want to be. Oh God I'm scared. Whispers fill the room and shadows cover one wall. Something steps out of the shadows. "You..." it nods and walks closer to me.

It opens its mouth, a gaping black abyss. A deep raspy voice leaves the hole and speaks. "yessss we are back and you can not essscape usss thisss time." It hisses. Shivers run down my spine. More shadowy figures emerge and surround my bed. I whimper and try to move but nothing works. One shadow produces a scalpel out of nowhere.

Paralysed I can only watch as it slices open my chest. Blood pours out in a thick sludgy consistency. Pain spreads like wildfire through my chest. Laughter echoes in my ears and blackness pulls me down.

Graces POV

I scream. I never come up here. It's scary. People hurt me. This is proof. Blood just covers my-her-our torso and doesn't stop flowing. My screams get louder and louder until our throat hurts.

White clad doctors come rushing in. "What happened?" One asks. Weakly I motion towards the wall. "They hurt us. Tried to kill us."

"Who's us?" Another asks. "Us!" Ashley comes bursting in. He takes one look at us and stops. We follow hid gaze. It lands on the scalpel in our hand. The bloody scalpel. I starts shaking. "I swear! They gave it to us, put it in our hand. I'm scared! I want my mommy. But she's dead. I'm so scared."

Doctors look confused but Ashley steps in. "Grace, it's ok. Just put down the scalpel. Did you do this to you?" I shake my head. "No! They did. The shadows. They hurt us." The edges of my vision darken and the room spins.

Pain still floods through me. I scream again. I stop screaming. I black out.