chapter 12

Dedicated to GeesusButMoreGay

Kellins POV

My daughter has been in a coma for three weeks. I visit  everyday but I have work with my bands. We have a tour coming up soon. Collide with the sky. Everyone has been saying we can put it on hold but as selfish as it sounds I don't want to. Me and Vic have had many arguments about it.

Flashback

"She's our daughter Kellin! We can't just leave her in a coma for a year while we go around the world, playing music, pissing about and getting drunk!" Vic screams at me. "But I belive she's gonna wake up! What if she does before the tour but we've cancelled it? Think about our supporters Vic!" I scream back. "Think about our daughter!" He screeches. "What if she wakes up when we're on tour? Then what do we do? Who's gonna be there for her?" I ponder for a bit. "Andy! Andy will be there. He has been with her all this time. He's there when they let us in until later when they kick us out. We're not! We're in studios and doing interviews and sorting shit out." I sigh. "We can't just put our lives on hold for her. She wouldn't want us to."

My final point seems to get through to him. Then he says, "but we wouldn't know would we? Because she's in a coma after an attempted suicide and we didn't know. We wouldn't have known if it wasn't for Andy because we never tried hard enough to see her. To help her. She could be dying. Do you even care?" And with that heart wrenching question he leaves the room and our lives.

I haven't seen my husband since he walked out that day. That was a week ago. No one has seen him. He just...vanished. After that we cancelled the tour. We were supposed to go together. It was for Pierce The Veils new album. I feature on one of the songs. Now I come here everday hoping desperately that Kay will wake up and Vic will come back. I need them. I need my family.

I look over to where Andy sits, slumped in a chair holding Kays hand. He hasn't left since she got here. He just sits everyday. He'll either sleep or sing or talk to her. He tells her about his day and about what they're gonna do when she wakes up. When. That one word. That word in a sentence could change the whole meaning. When not if. If implies that she might not wake up. When gives us hope.

He mainly sings to her. Sings old songs or new ones. Sometimes the rest of the band will come and sit with him. He always acts so strong whenever someone is there but I've been watching. When he's alone with her he breaks. He just cries. Cries and whispers I'm so sorry. Anyone can see that he loves her and that he blames himself.

I replay the argument again. I know what Vic was close to saying. What we're all thinking. "It's our fault."  Leigh is in a coma and it's our... well mainly my... fault. He always wanted to go check on her everyday but i stopped him. I made him leave her alone. Give her space. Give her time. I basically gave her time to die.

A strangled sob escapes my lips and then another. I struggle to not wake Andy up but I can't stop crying. My legs fail me and I collapse in a puddle of human emotion. "Sir are you ok?" A nurse asks. I look at her through teary eyes, my vision blurred. "It's my fault." I whisper. "My daughter might not wake up and it's my fault."

The nurse sits beside me as I cry. She gives me a comforting pat. "I'm sure she'll wake up soon. When she does she wouldn't want you to be upset." I understand. Hiccuping slightly I just sit and look at them. One close to death and the other close to joining her. "I'm scared." I admit. She just nods.

"I haven't seen love and devotion like this in a while." She says motioning, with her reddy orange hair, towards Andy and Kay. "Yeah, Andy really loves her. Her girlfriend died a couple of well months ago now." Wow has it really been that long? I'm actually shocked. "I was in his position," she tells me. "My now girlfriend, Tay, her ex had died and she tried to join her. We were best friends then but she never knew I loved her. I would sit with her everyday, telling her stories. I would dream abour her. I would tell her what we would do when she woke up. What I didn't realise is that she could hear me and remembered everything." She laugs at the memory.

"She could hear you?" I ask. "Yes. People in comas can normally hear and understand things, they just can't do anything." She explains. Before she leaves I say "thank you...," I look at her name tag "Nurse Williams."

"Haley. My names Haley" she says. "Thank you Haley." I smile at her when she leaves and decide to pull up a chair next to her. Andy is just waking up. I hope my screeching chair didn't wake him. "Morning sleepy." I grin. "Morning." He answers. We sit in a comfortable silence for a while. I notice Andy hasn't let go of her hand. At all. His grip has barely even loosened.

"You really love her don't you." It was more of a statment than a question. He looks midly suprised. "No where did you get that from?" Is his immediate response. "You haven't let go of her hand, you only leave when they kick you out and you can't stop staring at her. I know love when I see it." And I do. It's how Vic used to look at me.

He blushes slightly but defends himself. "Please I'm actually snowflake sexual." I snort. "Yeah and she's a special snowflake and you love her!" He shakes his head but smiles. I know he's not gonna admit it but he doesn't have to. "I'm getting coffee, do you want some" I stand and look at him. He just nods. I walk away and leave them alone.

Andy's POV

Kellin walks away and I sigh. How does he know? Is it that obvious? Hayley comes in just to check on us. "Hey are you ok?" She asks. I nod. "I had a crazy dream about her. She was awake and we were at Warped. She came on stage with us and sang a few songs. The crowd chanted for us to kiss. We were married! It was crazy!" I shake my head. "You know, dreams are a wish your heart makes." She tells me. Then she leaves. She leaves me in shock. How did she know? I love Kay.

"I love you Kay. I know it hurts and I'm so sorry but I'm here baby." I brush a stray piece of hair from her face. Then I feel something. A squeeze. She squeezed my hand! She did it again! The heart rate monitor beeped a bit faster. Her eyelids fluttered. My snowflake is waking up!

Heyyyy got another chapter! Hope you liked! If you like this and would like more then feel free to check out my other fics. I promise there is more than one chapter on them no matter what is says lol. Thank you to everyone reading it means so much and I hope you have a great day :) xox