chapter 17

Kays POV

I hate lying to them. I have to. To keep them safe. Vic was so worried about me, he really cares. I run into the hobbies room to think. Punch and think. Every time I hit the thick leather my knuckles ache and sing. Call me sadistic but it feels good. To feel my flesh split and rip open, blood seeping, it feels good!

Better than anything I have felt today. Oh but Andy's coming over. Andy! I love him so much and I don't want to hurt him. So I won't. My phone rings, interrupting my thoughts.

K= Kay
T=Tash

K: hello?

T: hi! What are we gonna do I'm freaking out!

K: Tash, calm down. Remember training. It taught is to breath and asses the situation

T: yeah and the situation is that your druggy ex and his little friends are back.

K: yes but we can take them.

T: How? He ripped out my parents throats and set them on fire and his friends killed my dog! He tried to kill you. He wants revenge for what you did.

K: you think he still remembers?

T: how could he forget? YOU BLEW UP HIS SISTER AND STABBED HIS BROTHER! YOU LAUGHED! YOU DANCED IN HIS SISTERS EXPLODING GUTS!

K: but you gotta admit, that was pretty. And she deserved it! She tried to kill me! I just...got there first

T: yeah you're right, that was pretty. But why his brother?

K: you know why

T: I don't want to know. I remember. I don't want to.

K: you know I'm just as deadly as him. Especially now I have people to protect. No one will hurt my family.

T: how can you protect them if you willingly walk into this? It's practically suicide!

K: well maybe that's best. That way I can be with everyone sooner. If I die...I won't be alone.

T: I'll call Scar and Jay. Don't do anything stupid.

K: when do we leave?

T: tomorrow