Hey Now!

Chapter 2: Hey Now!

Rico...

"So you want to remove both?" Deejay asked the Doctor we was referred to meet with last week. I looked around his office at a case of fake balls. What type of shit is this?

"Yes. Removing just the one can lead for it to travel to the other one or worse other places...so the best move is for you to get them both removed. I am running more test to see just how far along is it. We may can just  use radiation to eliminate it...but if not the testicular removal is the only option." He explained as I licked my lips and Deejay reached over and grabbed hold of my hand. Christmas is in a few days and I aint feeling jolly at all. This cannot be happening.

"Mister Cartina I know this is tough, but I can assure you that I am the best one for the job. I like to do this thing with my clients. Its also private so Deejay can you please step out." He asked him in the softest. He stared over at me and I said, "Its cool. Go." Deejay rose up and I couldnt help, but stare at his ass as he left the room.

"The results of your scans and test will be in tomorrow. Ill call you and we can schedule either the chemo or the surgery for the top of next year. As you know you will have move into the facility. As this is a private hospital. We make it feel as home-like as possible. Now for the assignment--" He flipped open my file in front of him and he asked, "Name three things in your life that you dont regret."

I stated, "Carlee, Deejay, and moving to New York." He stopped writing and said, "Okay and why Carlee?"

"Well, she is my first daughter...and um she was the first person that I looked into her eyes and knew she would love me forever. She gots my bravery and where Im from...bravery only leads you to the ground. So I was happy I was able to provide her with the best life. And I know you are about to ask why I dont regret the other two things...Deejay is me. I am Deejay. To tell you all the things we have been thru in the last 2 decades you can write a fucking series of books...but in the end we always find ourselves deep in love with eachother. Im very lucky to have someone I can fall in love with everyday. And for the last thing moving to New York was the best decision I ever had because I got to raise the most loving family I can have. So Doc--" I cleared my throat as water filled in my eyes.

"I am about to tell you something I have never admitted to anybody. I am scared.....you have to make sure I get back to my family. I scared them last year with almost losing me...but this is out of my hands. And I hate that." I confesed. I grabbed hold of the chair arm rest and took a deep breath. Doctor Olam exhaled, "I promise you---now grab this pen. I want you to write something."

3 Hours Later

"Its the next exit." I told Deejay as it startled him driving. The whole drive back we havent spoke three words. Im just still trying to process the whole thing. I exhaled and said, "Pull over." Deejay quickly got off the highway and pulled into an Ihop parking lot. It was 11 o clock at night. He stared over at me and I said, "Dont look at me like that."

"Like what?" He asked me.

"Like im already fucking dead. This is mino--" He rose his hand and he broke down finally. All the faking for a week has finally came to a halt.He finally snapped.

"Minor? Oliander you have fucking cancer. This isnt some broken elbow, gunshot wound....this is major. This can change our lives forever. We literally cannot go thru another tragedy. I think we wont be able to take it. Our family will break. We cant lose you!"

"YOU WONT, baby--" I reached across and grabbed him closer to my chest. He cried on to my Polo sweater and I whispered, "We going to get thru this, just promise me you wont tell the kids...nobody."