Chapter 7: Party

It was a few days later...

"Charlotte come here!" yelled Anne up the steps.

Charlotte came down into the kitchen. 

"I don't want you to get mad, but we are going to change you medicine" said Anne.

"I want to, because the pain is getting bad again, but I don't want to because it makes me sick, changing all the time. Could we just up this one?"

"Your at the top dose"

"Can we just wait and see what happens?"

"No, it is only getting worse and we need to get it under control. You will have this old one and the one you took before for muscle spasmisms" 

"That one makes me so sick, I don't want to take that" Charlotte was upset.

"I know but we have to get those under control too"

Now I will explain what is wrong with Charlotte...

Charlotte has a degenerative disease in her legs, the left more than the right. She gets muscle spasmisms, extreme pains and eventually may lose her ability to walk, but doctors and Physical Therapists are working to slow the process.

"I know, but we have to do this" 

"Mom please I don't want to, it will only make me sick"

"I wish we didn't have to, but I'm sorry, you start tomorrow"

Paul and Hannah came in as Charlotte was leaving the kitchen.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Hannah.

"We have to change medicines, two actually" said Anne.

"Won't that just make her sick?" asked Paul.

"Ya but we have to, things are only getting worse" said Anne.

"I thought things were good?" asked Hannah.

"Ya until the other day, she was running around at the park and fell off something onto her leg and now things are starting to go down hill. I should not let her run around like without someone watching her."

"Mom you can't keep her in a bubble her whole life" said Hannah.

"How bad are things getting?" asked Paul.

"She is getting muscle spasmisms constantly, the muscles are not getting any stronger. They were but they hit a stopping point" said Anne, "But look I don't want you guys to worry about any of it"

"Its hard not to" said Hannah.

"I know, but I was wondering what is wrong with Charlotte and Kate?" asked Anne.

"Um nothing that I know of, I thik they are fine" said Hannah.

"You sure, because Charlotte disappeared the other night at dinner and then she seemed really upset and so did Kate" said Anne.

"No as far as I know everyone is fine once" said Hannah, "But we just came here, because dad was paying me back for the other day. Where is he?"

"He should be home soon" said Anne.

Cole came in...

"Hannah are you incapable of going anywhere with out Paul?" asked Cole going the frig and grabbing a soda.

Paul chuckled "I don't know I was beginning to ask the same question"

"Excuse me, you always like coming with me everywhere" said Hannah giving him a look