Chapter 10: We Have a Serious Problem

It was weeks later and Charlotte was off crutches and was back at PT. Trevor was working with her, when another PT came by, "Hey Charlotte can we talk to you a minute"

The head of department was there too.

"Okay" said Charlotte, she gave Trevor a concerned look.

All that was going through Trevor's head was shit, shit, shit.

Charlotte was sitting in the room with the physical therapist Mara and the head of the department, who she had never seen before, Mara asked all the questions.

"Charlotte how well do you know Trevor?" she asked.

"I've been here for awhile, I just know that he is a phyiscal therapist, well almost, he is 25 I think, thats about it" Charlotte wasn't lying that was all she knew about him

"Do you like him?"

"Ya, he is the only who has helped me and he is nice"

 "Ok thanks" said Mara, "I will take you to your mom."

Charlotte said nothing but followed Mara.

That night after work Trevor sped over to Kate's place.

"Kate!" he yelled as he walked in.

"What's the matter? I made this whole dinner for us tonight..."

"Kate! They know!" he interrupted

"Wait who knows?"

"My work" 

"How?"

"I have no idea, but they took Charlotte in a different room and then she left before I could see" 

"Oh God this is bad, did they talk to you?"

"No"

"I'm going to call Luke, he should be home, I will ask him to ask Charlotte what she said"

"Luke" Kate said when he answered.

"Yes?"

"Where is Charlotte?" 

"Downstairs in the kitchen with mom and dad"

"We think Trevor's work found out about us and they took Charlotte aside to talk to her, we don't know what she said, do mom and dad know?"

"Woah slow down, as far as I can tell they have no clue, dinner was normal" said Luke, "I will go talk to Charlotte or even better I will just put her on the phone."

Luke went downstairs and grabbed Charlotte, he scouped her up in his arms, "I have to talk to you" he tried to sound like nothing was wrong.

Once they got upstairs and Luke put her down, Charlotte said "Its Kate isn't it?"

"Ya" said Luke handing her the phone.

"I didn't tell them anything" said Charlotte to Kate.

"Charlotte what did they ask?"

"They asked a bunch of questions like if I liked Trevor? If I saw him outside of PT? If he was ever at my house? Then they asked if he was dating one of my siblings? I told them no"

"Okay listen I need you to not say anything about this to anyone, Luke is the only one who can know until I figure this out" 

"Okay" said Charlotte.

"Alright" said Kate hanging up.

"She didn't tell them anything and my parents don't know, so for now we are okay"