Chapter 11: No More Family Dinner

It was next Sunday and things had not settled down at all. Trevor didn't get fired. David was still angry and so was everyone else. The only people who showed up for family dinner were, Ian, Molly and Luke, Cole, Collin and Charlotte because they had to, because they lived there. Everyone was silent. The phone rang.

"I will get it" said Anne breaking the silence. She soon came back.

"Charlotte!" she said, "Why did PT just tell me that you haven't been there all week?"

"Because I haven't"

"I dropped you off"

"Ya and I didn't go inside"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to, I don't want anyone new, I want Trevor. They made my leg hurt after, they didn't know anything."

The tension in the room became worse.

"Well guess what that will never happen" said David, "I will take you next week and wait with you to make sure you stay."

"I'm not going to go!" yelled Charlotte.

"Yes you will" said David.

"Charlotte they are trying to help, just like Trevor" said Anne.

"Trevor didn't make things worse and make things hurt"

"Charlotte! That is enough! You will go and that is final" said David.

Charlotte was about to saying something, but was interrupted.

"Don't say another word" said David sternly.

Charlotte grabbed her plate and stormed away.

Luke got up and shook his head. "This is ridiculous. Do you see how none of your children are here, because you do not care and won't listen to what any of us have to say" He stormed away after Charlotte.

Cole and Collin got up to, "He's right you know" said Collin, Cole followed him away.

"Molly lets go" said Ian putting down his napking and grabbing her arm. They left too. 

Anne was digusted and slammed her napkin down and stormed into the kitchen. David followed.

"This family has fallen apart completely" said Anne.

"What would you like me to do?"

"Listen to them! They make a good point. Trevor has never done anything wrong to Kate, Charlotte or anyone, he has only helped."

"I can not accept Kate and his relationship" said David.

"We need to go talk to PT and Trevor" 

"And say what? That we are okay with this?"

"Yes! because if we don't we are going to lose everyone of our children including Charlotte. Charlotte's condition has gotten worse and its only been one week without PT! Our children are right, he is willing to do anything to help and Charlotte listens and trusts him, more than she does us when it comes to her disease"

"I cannot except their relationship" 

"You don't have to like it, but you have to except this is how it is. I talked with Hannah and Molly, Kate loves him so much and he loves her and more than that he loves our family."

"So we go and talk to them, that would be me completely taking back everything I said"

"Our children are adults now, we cannot make decisions for them, we cannot stop them from doing things. We can tell them we don't like it, but we have to except who they are and their decisions even if we don't like them"