Johto- Contestshipping

May POV

The wind is soft for being so high in the mountains. It's strange but then again, Johto is new and strange. It's unusual compared to Hoenn. The towns look so different and the whole region is calmer, for lack of a better term. Hoenn has volcanoes , rainforests, deserts. Hoenn is also surrounded by a deep ocean as it's a big island. Johto, I know, is connected to Kanto and has many towns, forests, and caves.

"Hey April." I hear my rival, Drew, say, making me turn my head and snapping me from my thoughts.

"Hey Grasshead." I respond with an eye roll. "Whatcha doing here?

What is he doing here? We already participated in the contest, which I managed to win. I thought he would've left already.

"Looking for you." He responds.

I flush a little before turning my head back to look at the scenery.

I hear him walk up next to me. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him look out at the breathtaking view. "It's different right." He says aloud. How did he know what I was thinking?

"Definitely" I say after a few moments. " I like
it though."

I can feel his emerald eyes gaze into me. "I'm glad you came to Johto with me."

"Why so you could laugh about my pathetic coordinating skills." I say in a mock tone but looking down nonetheless.

"Why would you say that?" He responds, confused. "You're one of my biggest rivals. The truth is, you scare me sometimes. You always seem to come up with game changing ideas at the last minute. Who knows what goes through that brain of yours." He stops to take a small laugh. "It's something that only you have and it makes you a huge threat in contests. And trust me May, your nowhere near pathetic."

I stare out for a few moments. His words sinking in. I give him a hug. Don't ask me why I did but it just felt right. I bury my head into his shoulder and grasp him tighter. "Thanks Drew" I mumble into his shirt.

"It was all true May but, your welcome" He responds back softly.

We end up just staying there. It's a pretty beautiful moment actually. The sun is setting, the light is fading and we're alone. I'm hugging the guy I've secretly liked for a long time and he's allowing me. I'm still trying to grasp that this moment is actually real.

I laugh out of happiness and take my head off his shoulder. He just gives me a weird look. "I'm just really happy." I breathe out while his expression turns into a genuine smile. Not a smirk, not a grin, but a smile. He rests his forehead on mine.

"I'm so glad I decided to come to Johto." I say softly.

"I'm glad too but May, even if you wanted to go somewhere else, I would've followed you."

"Really?" I ask with question in my voice. "Why?"

"You haven't figured it out already." He says before he pulls me in for a kiss. It took me a few moments before I wrap my arms around his neck and melt into his arms. When we pull apart he looks down at me and smiles. "Were rivals May, it's the unspoken rule that we follow each other anywhere and everywhere. Some people meet new rivals and forget about old ones but, I don't intend on leaving you behind."

Not knowing how to respond to his words, I answer him with another kiss.

"Travel with me?" He asks a few moments after the kiss ended.

If you told me a year ago I'd be in Johto on a beautiful mountain with Drew asking me to travel with him I probably wouldn't believe you. Being something I've secretly wanted for a long time, I believed it would never become true. Seeing his smile start to fade a bit and his emerald eyes eyes burning with question I answer him with just one word.

"Yes."

________________________________
I've been writing a lot of contestshipping oneshots lately and this is one of them.

Hope you enjoyed!