Anniversary help-Ikarishipping

Paul POV

The day itself is pretty gloomy. It's barley drizzling but everything's wet from the storm overnight. I decide to go to the docks as I really need the time to think.

There's not much here except scurrying people trying to get inside, most are going to the contest hall. Coincidentally, my girlfriend is competing now.  I told her I'd come watch after the appeal round is over since I'm positive she'll make it though. I just would rather not see dozens of pathetic performances. Bored but glad I'm not in the rough contest hall, I observe the people coming off of a large ferry. Observing the pokemon out of their poke balls, I assume the boat came from Hoenn.

To be fair, I didn't come here to watch the ferry come in. I needed time to think of a present for my girlfriend since we've apparently been dating for a year already. She refers to the event as a milestone. I believe she's over thinking it but, whatever makes her happy. I'm just trying to figure out what to get her so she'll be happy and her mom won't want to send any teen help forms for me for not really caring about anything. She gets a vibe that I'm depressed. She doesn't know that I prefer not to talk or publicly show my relationship. I just don't really like people. Dawns mom also sees me as lazy and someone who doesn't try at anything. I guess I can see her point as I don't talk to her..at all.

"Roserade, what is I filled her room with roses? Or should I just give her one like I normally do?"

I turn to see this green haired boy bump into my shoulder "sorry." He mumbles before talking a step away.

"Pathetic." I say quietly before turning to look at the view the doc provides. I glance at my watch to see when I should get inside. Five minutes, I have time.

"Hey, I didn't mean to you know." The green haired boy retorts back annoyed.

"Stop rambling about your girlfriend and the amount of roses you want to give her and pay attention." Is all I say back to him. Four minutes left.

"I don't see you with a girl." The arrogant boy spits back obviously annoyed with my attitude.

"And your girl is..where?" I hiss back. I'm done with this guy.

"Hoenn." The green haired guy responds back before turning away. "I have better things to do."

"I have a girl to watch in the contest." I say before I turn to go walk into the contest hall with a minute to spare. I'm early and I has being early but it's better then late. Dawn would be shouting at me if I was late.

She moved on the finals easily and once she has the final round she's gonna win. I'm not just saying that either. She's stronger then the other coordinators.

I decide to go out in the forest and look for a Pokemon that she would like. I wouldn't want to go straight to Pokemon because I don't have an idea but I just need to think. However the woods unfortunately wasn't uninhabited by other humans.

"Oh it's you." The boy says somewhat rudely. Of course I see him of all people. I just roll my eyes and walk away making the boy even more annoyed. "You could tell me your name you know."

"Paul" I say while still walking away.

"Ahh I thought you were Paul. You're dating Dawn right?" The boy responds back with a smirk.

I halt and turn around on one heel. "How do you know her name is Dawn and that I'm dating her?"

"My girlfriend, May, is her friend. May, like Dawn traveled with Ash. I came to Sinnoh to get her a Pokemon for her birthday. I didn't expect to see you here but I know what you look like as Dawn won't stop talking to May about you which also means May told me about you. I'm Drew by the way."