Love- Contestshipping

May POV

By the time I got back to the waiting room it was abandoned as most went off to celebrate at a local bar or Pokemon Center. I give a tired weary sigh and rub my eyes before gathering the rest of my stuff and heading out.

I finished a contest with Drew which I barley won giving me my second ribbon. Drew, always being a step ahead of me, has three.

"Off so soon?"

I jump at the unexpected voice and twirl around on one heel before sending a small smile his way.

"Hey Drew, I'm tired you know, it's been a long day." I respond, my words getting softer by the second.

"Yea, I know but I thought you'd wait for me. I couldn't find you but I was sorta waiting." He says sheepishly.

I'm surprised he didn't already go off as he normally does after a contest. He either would stay overnight at a Pokemon Center or start to walk toward the next contest.

"Oh, I didn't know" I respond quietly and to my slight surprise, tersely. He cocks his head slightly at the way I said it but brushes it off and walks to where I am.

"May?" He asks with this tone I've never heard from him. He sounds confused almost and a little bit scared which is unlike him. It kind of startles me as I jump slightly at his words.

"Are you upset about what happened earlier" he said quietly whilst looking down. "I saw you just as you were leaving." He tries again to get closer to me but I don't let him.

I took a step back in hesitance. I'm trembling slightly and I don't know why. My palms are sweaty and I just want to leave.

Flashback

All I could do was watch. Why does Brianna have to be so cruel? She knows I like him, and while that's not the problem as I'm to scared to act on my own feelings, she decides to do anything to keep me from him. She'll force herself on him not even putting his feelings into consideration. She's so disgusted by the idea of someone else, especially me, having her 'Mr' Drew that she's so desperate to do rash, stupid horrible things to get her way.

This 'make out session' if you could even call it that, is more like Brianna groping Drew at this point. It's hard to tell what's going on as Brianna is literally on him. I don't know how she does that as Drew is against a wall but I'm not desperate to find out.

I don't get how Drew is just standing through this. I'm not to be that person that runs away from a situation like this and realise I had the wrong idea the whole time but, watching is making me sick. Brianna makes me sick.

I honestly can't tell if he's kissing back or not or what the deal is but I'm so disgusted at the scene I just leave in disappointment. Maybe he'll explain later, maybe he won't I don't know. I could've sworn he didn't like Brianna like that but who knows? Feelings do change. It's just hard to see someone hurt you so much. I don't know if I'm mad at Brianna or disappointed in Drew for not telling me anything. We're rivals, friends even. Maybe he's even my best friend. I just wish I would know what's going on.

Flashback ends

His eyes widen slightly at my movements and he steps forward and gently pulls me in for a comforting hug. Every ounce of me is begging to run away but yet, here I am crying. I'm such a coward.

I look up at him to see his eyes tearing up which only makes me want to crumble even more. However all I do is continue to cry into his shirt.

"Truthfully, I was shocked when she kissed me. I couldn't get away from her as much as I tried. That's not an excuse cause I would never lie to you, ever. I hate her for messing with my personal life, my girl. May I love you." Its like I can actually feel all of his pride barriers fall as he starts to cry with me. This moment is so real, to real to even imagine. Nothing fake like that nauseating scene with Brianna. His words really meant something to me. He never talks like that, ever. Something just shifted inside of me too. I think, as strange, rash, and impossible it may sound, I love him too. Soon enough I realized, it's not sudden thinking because of the moment, it's because of the emotions in the moment that hit me hard. Just looking into his emerald eyes that were shimmering with unreleased tears is like looking into an abyss of warmth and kindness. An hour ago I honestly never would've made any of these connections. Nothing would be as meaningful.

He then slowly leans his face down to mine and gives me a soft kiss. We both put everything into that kiss, feelings, regret, sorrow, love. It's passionate yet gentle thus meaning so much as he would try to be slow and gentle for me as much as he wanted it to be passionate.

He broke off the kiss and gave me a cute forehead one before pulling me in for another hug. I let out a quiet  happy sign and pull him closer. He noticed and gives me a little smile.

I give him a small peck just before he takes my hand and guides me out the door.

"Where we going?" I ask.

"I'm taking you out for Ramen." He replies with a smile. He suddenly abruptly stops after he says that however. "Wait a minute."

He turns around to me and puts a thornless red rose behind my ear. I don't know where he got that from but then again, he does it all the time. The difference is that this thornless red rose for me. Not for my Pokemon or anyone else but for me and me only. That's what makes this rose so special as it's not covered by an excuse with a hidden true meaning.

"Ok now lets go." He says while I give a laugh before we go on our little adventure to get Ramen.

Just as he said those words I knew, I just knew, I would be in for an ongoing life long adventure with this amazing guy that I've hopelessly fallen for.

And I'm so so exited.
________________________________
Started out as a good idea but idk. I still like it though.

I do hope you liked this! :)