I'll wait- Pokeshipping

Misty POV

I'm totally relaxed as I stare at the setting sun. I let my toes and ankles sink into the sand as I smile thinking of how many times and how many places I've watched the sun set. Out of all those places I think Cerlean Cape is still my favorite.

My mind eventually wanders off to who I used to watch this with. Tracey, May, and Max were with me through occasional sun sets. Brock was almost always there. However, Ash was always there.

Ash Ketchem, whenever I here that name I always smile fondly, thinking of all the times we've shared and all our special moments. Saying I miss him is an understatement.

I had a crush on him. It developed around the time we traveled through the Orange Islands together. Being totally honest, I don't think that crush went away. It doesn't really mater though as that was way in the past. Still though, I smile when thinking of the memories and laugh when thinking of the times he almost got us killed but still managed to make everything right again. I sometimes end up starting into space thinking of the moments between us that I hold closely to my heart. I like to think he cherishes them too.

Will my crush on him go away? I don't know. Maybe meeting him again will change my mind but, if he's still the same person at heart from when I last saw him then who knows. If he's still the same person at heart then who knows if he'll be able recognize my feelings. Or he could be the same person at heart with a bit of added maturity and insight.

I snap out of my thoughts as the last rays of sunlight go beneath the horizon. I heave a sign knowing I have to go back to the gym as it will soon be to dark to see. I maybe should think of getting a fire pokemon to help me see at night. With Ash we used Charizard or Quilava.

I do wonder though if Ash misses watching the sunset with me. Maybe when he comes back we could start spending nights together watching the sun set again. I'm doubting myself though, I see it more as wishful thinking.

I'm not looking for a relationship with anyone as I now I can't imagine watching the sunset with anyone else and being in a relationship with anyone. With Ash, I feel like a relationship with him would build upon the foundations of our friendship. I won't wait forever though and I see an opportunity, I'll take it. Though I probably would choose Ash over any other guy I could possibly date.

I slowly get up and wrap a familiar blue and white short sleeve jacket around me tighter. I took it when I visited Ms Ketchum in Pallet. I never ended up giving it back.

With one last look at the faint traces of light I give a smile before turning my back, grabbing my shoes, and walking back towards the gym.

I know you're far away and I know you probably don't think of me that often but I'll still wait for you to come home. For me or not, I'll be there when you come, waiting to give you a hug and say hi after all this time. Until that day comes, I'll just watch the sunset, thinking of the sweet memories, laughing of all the fun times, and occasionally hoping that you'll eventually watch the sunset with me again, for old times sake.
_______________________________
Similar to Friendship but different. I hope you liked it.

And to fellow Americans, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.