And yet, you left me- Advanceshipping

May POV

You were the one person I thought would never leave me.

And yet, you did.

I took caution with you knowing your ability to unknowingly and knowingly hurt others by your actions but I gave in. I caved way to quickly.

I gave in because everything you stood for was everything I've ever wanted. You were my entire world yet, to you, I was only a chapter.

I cried after you left and I'm ashamed of that. I'm a strong person yet, you could send me straight to tears.

I remember telling me how we would travel the world. You told me about an old traveling companion that left. She was your best friend but she was forced away from you. You told me that we would go explore all different regions together and we would be together forever unlike you and her.

I remember the day I found out I couldn't come with you. I remember the argument we had and all the awful things you said about me. I remember the feeling of unimaginable hurt raging through my body at the things you said. Words hurt, especially coming from the boy I loved so much more then myself.

I remember when you left without a word to me. You told my brother and I cried every night for the rest of the week.

One night I couldn't take being so far from you and I eventually came back to see you again in Sinnoh. I said it was for a contest but I needed to see you again. For you were haunting my dreams every night that I couldn't sleep or think anymore. However when I got there, I saw you found another girl. She beat me in a contest and I so clearly remember the hug you gave her after. It had to have meant something. You used to hug me like that.

We had a conversation after that. I told you I loved you and I needed you. I said I was sorry even though you were the one to break my heart. I poured my heart and soul out to you that day and all you told me was that all the past feelings for me were gone and you loved Dawn now.

I'm hurt and rage I screamed how you promised to stay with me and you just had a blank expression on your face after that. You told me that you were sorry of all things. That crushed my heart even further.

I sought comfort in Drew after that. He was a pillow and he caught me right after you pushed me down. I'll be forever grateful.

However I love you. Drew isn't you and he will never be you. I'll never love him like I love you but I know he'll never hurt me and he'll never leave me.

I still wish for you though. It pains me to do this to Drew as he loves me so much but if you came back for me, I'd go with you in a heart beat.

To be honest though, I don't know why I'm still hoping. For you we're the one person who I though would never leave me.

And because of that, I'm writing this letter to tell you goodbye and that I'm done hoping.

It's funny, I never though suicide would get me in the end.

_____________________________
:(

So after many many many failed advance attempts, this is what came out. I couldn't for the life of me thing of a good/happy plot for advanceshipping.
This fic is also more onesided and it has a mention of pearl cause my otp poke didn't quite fit in the fic.

I forgot how May left Ash in the anime but for the tone of the story, I made it so May couldn't come with Ash.

I'm pretty proud of this fic tbh. It's probably terrible to everyone else but I liked the tone of the story and I *tried* not to make it a really sappy sad fic.

Hope you enjoyed this oneshot and if I ever think of a good idea for an advanceshipping story I'll definitely post it.