Chapter 3

"Jason Thomas Fischbach." I said, seeing Tom standing in the doorway.

"Hannah Grace Fischbach." Tom replied.

I let go of the handles on my two cases that were already on the ground and hugged my big brother.

"Ah, it's good to see you again, sis." Tom said.

"Its good to see you too, Tommy." I parted his back just before we let go.

"Tommy is a chubby 12 year old. Its Tom." Tom corrected.

"So not only do you not like being called Tommy, but you quoted Jared Padalecki's line from Supernatural." I caught him red-handed.

"Oh, so you did get the reference? Who's your friend, Hannah?" Tom asked, seeing Haley.

"This is my friend Haley Schaeffer. She lives about 10 minutes away from my house in Florida." I explained.

"Hi, I'm Haley." Haley shook hands with Tom.

"Hi Haley. I'm Tom, Hannah's older brother. C'mon in you two." Tom led us inside, the living room being the first room we see. On our right is a wall, also being the floor underneath a staircase.

A small hallway was between the living room and the kitchen, the stairs being on the right side of the open hall. We set our bags next to us on the couch.

"I'll go upstairs and get Mark. Mom should be back soon." Tom said, running up the stairs.

In about 2 minutes, Tom came back down the stairs. I stood up and stood with my back to the tv, facing the stairs to see Mark.

He jogged down the steps, not looking up. He wore jeans, long white socks, a black shirt with a red plaid flannel over it. The flannel wasn't buttoned up, either.

Mark walked up next to Tom before he looked at me. His black hair was swished to one side and buzzed everywhere else. Mark's eyes were still as brown as before.

"Hannah."

"Hey Mark.... Its been a while...."

Mark surprised me with a hug, so I hugged him back. "I missed you Hannah! It's so good to see you again!"

"I missed you too Mark. I hope you don't mind, but I brought a friend of mine with me. This is Haley Schaeffer." I introduced Haley as we let go of the hug.

"Hi." Haley shook hands with Mark.

"Hi Haley. Any friend of Hannah's is a friend of mine." Mark said. "Mom should be back soon, she's picking up 2 pizzas for dinner."

"Is anyone else here?" I asked.

"No, just us for now. A few of my friends are coming over tomorrow to meet our family." Mark explained.

"I'm back!" Mom yelled as she walked inside and slipped her shoes off.

"Hey Mom! Guess who's here?" Mark said.

"Hannah! Look at you! Now all three of my children have outgrown me." Mom hugged me with one arm as Mark took the pizza boxes and brought them to the kitchen.

We all laughed at Mom's sad-but-true joke about how we've all outgrown her. I introduced Mom to Haley and we all sat down for dinner.