Chapter 6

"What?"

"Hannah. What... Did I see.... On your wrist?" Mark asked.

"N-nothing..." I stuttered, hiding my wrists from my twin.

"Don't lie to me, Hannah. I'm your brother. Please tell me what that is and why it's there." Mark replied.

"If you really want to know, you have to think back to high school. We had most classes together, except while you were in Phys Ed, I was in choir. We also took different types of science.
   A few of my friends and I were hanging out at the end-of-school dance and a few guys walked up to us. All three of my friends were asked to dance by the three guys and I was left all alone.
   So, I sat by myself at our table and drank my soda. Eventually, a guy named Trey asked me to dance. We danced for a while, and eventually got drunk. Now, obviously this wasn't a school event -you weren't there either- and the host's parents were out of town for a few weeks.
   If you're thinking I did it, that's not what happened. From what I saw, being raped would have been the better option. Trey and I split up and didn't see each other for the rest of the night.
   I wanted to leave at that point, so I asked one of my friends if we could leave. She wanted to leave as well, but couldn't drive since she was drunk. One of my sober friends agreed to leaving and hopped in the car.
   We had been on the road no less than 10 minutes when we hit a deer. I sat up front without my seatbelt on, along with the driver and the girl behind me. No one wearing seatbelts and hitting a deer don't exactly make a good combination either.
   The driver and I broke through the windshield and landed on the road. The driver, Tracy, died instantly. I couldn't move. The girl that sat behind me only hit her head on the back of my seat.
   Olivia -the other girl- ran out of the car to see if we were okay. Obviously, we weren't. I bet you remember that night, too. Olivia call the police and got the two of us rushed to the ER. They already knew Tracy was dead, but they had to tell her family.
   An hour later, the doctors had taken the few pieces of glass out of my face and arms, stitched up the gash in my leg, and put a cast on my right arm. By then, it was 2am. You, Tom, Mom and Dad rushed into the room, and you had all just woken up too."

"I remember how awful you looked that night, Hannah. I couldn't figure out what happened. I just couldn't believe what happened." Mark added.

"Yeah. I could tell by your expression. While Mom and Dad were talking to the doctors, you and Tom were asking how I felt and what happened. A month afterwards, I was so depressed from what had happened, that I....." I couldn't say it.

"So that's what's on your wrist. You were trying to kill yourself...... Hannah, why didn't you just talk to me?" Mark asked.

"Because by that point, Dad was diagnosed and you wouldn't talk to anyone. Its not like you wanted to talk to me of all people." I rubbed my arms and looked at the floor. Why did I have to tell everything to him now? Like this?