Chapter 9

"Hannah, what's wrong?" Jack immediately noticed that I was crying.

"Everything." I brushed past him, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Hannah. We haven't talked in months and now, when we do talk, you won't tell me what's going on. Please tell me why you're crying." He looked upset.

I hesitated. If i told Jack, he'd get pissed at Mark, Mark and I would argue again, then Jack would tell us to stop and everything would get out of hand. "Promise you won't tell Mark that I told you... I don't want you to fight about it."

"I promise."

"Alright..... I was playing the drums Mark got me and he got mad at me. We argued, and in the end, he made me leave."

"Oh my gosh. I thought you just got here though." Jack said.

"I did. But I guess he can't even put up with his twin sister." I wiped away a few stray tears and put my head down.

Jack lifted my head with one hand and then wiped away my tears with his thumbs. "Hey, it's okay. Let's go inside and try to forget what happened."

"I don't think he wants to see me though. He probably hates me now." I replied.

"No he doesn't. No one can hate you."

I looked up at Jack, almost positive about what was going to happen next. And hey, I was right.

Mark's POV

I felt bad about yelling at Hannah as soon as she left. I waited a minute, then walked outside to apologize. That's when I saw what I didn't expect.

Hannah and Jack were kissing.

What the hell? Why wouldn't they tell me? I don't exactly approve of this either. By best friend with my sister? That's kind of weird, is it not?

Jack pulled away and they looked into each other's eyes. "Sorry. I don't know what came over me...." Jack scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't apologize. I don't mind." Hannah said.

Jack hesitated for a minute. "Hannah.... I like you. I do. I have for a while. It may not be the right time, being 3 in the morning, but I had to tell you at some point."

"It's okay." Hannah giggled. "Really. I like you too."

Jack leaned in and kissed her again. I felt weird watching this, but at the same time I felt mad. Mad that Jack didn't tell me he liked Hannah. Mad that I didn't think Hannah liked him in that way. Mad that I had to be in the way. But also happy that an argument between me and Hannah brought her and Jack together.

Jack pulled away again, so I hid in the door frame so they wouldn't see me. What do I say if they figure out I saw that?

Fuck.