I.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"Knowing that nothing we shared was real, I guess forever is just a temporary feel"- Janine and the Mixtape (When I'm Broken)
_____

_____"Knowing that nothing we shared was real, I guess forever is just a temporary feel"- Janine and the Mixtape (When I'm Broken)_____

"Make sure you watch him go into the building," Zali instructed the driver. I fumbled with the door while sucking my teeth.

"I'm a babysitter, huh?" The Lyft driver clapped back.

I leaned over and peeked inside the cab. The driver was a young nigga. Look like he was probably Zali's age. He was more than likely working as a Lyft driver to put some extra bread in his pocket, instead of being on the streets. I could definitely feel that. However, the googly eyes he was giving my sister had me tight. I was all for a nigga getting his money however he saw fit, but my sister would never be with a cab driver. That was definitely a no for me.

"You gonna be whatever I need you to be," I slurred while sliding into the back of the car.

"Don't mind him." She addressed the driver. "Zion, make sure you text me when you get home. I'll bring your car to you in the morning." I nodded while pulling the door closed.

"That's your girl?" He questioned while pulling off. I raised my head from where it was resting against the window and looked at him with one eyebrow arched.

"My sister," I stated evenly. He nodded with the full understanding that discussing her was off limits. He got that from the tone of my voice. I watched him reach toward the radio and got comfortable just as Bryson Tiller started going on about righting his wrongs.

My head was pounding, and I had nobody to blame for that shit but myself. The hangover I was probably going to have in the morning was well worth the night I had. It was my little sister, Zali, twenty-second birthday. I couldn't miss that. Li definitely would never let me live that down if I did. She had a little kick back at her crib, and the shit was lit. I didn't even have intentions on staying the whole night.

The plan was to pop out, show love and get low. A few cups of Henny later, those plans went out the window. I thought I was straight to drive, but Morgan wasn't having it. She took my car keys, and all that and then sent me on my way in a Lyft. Crashing at her spot wasn't an option since a few of her chicken head ass friends was staying over.

"Yo, yo, where we going?" I popped up once I realized this cat was driving in the opposite direction of my crib. I was bent, but I wasn't that bent.

"Type of shit you on?"

"I have to pick up another passenger."

"Fuck you mean? I ain't trying to carpool." He glanced back and smirked.

"Your first time taking Lyft?" He questioned. I nodded.