XV.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"You, you are so yesterday. Never thought you'd lose my love this way" - Toni Braxton (Yesterday)
_____

 Never thought you'd lose my love this way" - Toni Braxton (Yesterday)_____

We were back home from the Barbados, but I was still on a cloud. It was my first time out of the country, and it was absolutely everything I dreamed it would be and more. I couldn't have spent my first time outside the country with a better group of people. The most important part of it all was that Zion had thoroughly enjoyed his birthday.

I was worried that Zion was going to find out about Li and Gotti, I still couldn't believe those two. He didn't have time to pick up on their tension, though because I kept him busy. We went swimming with dolphin, road ATV's, and enjoy a private dinner on a yacht on the day of his birthday. He wouldn't stop telling me how much I made this trip special for him. It felt so good to feel appreciated. It felt good to feel so free.

Living life without Jeremiah was so refreshing and I'm now enjoying it. Before we left, I had changed my number because Zion was over Jeremiah texting me with the idle ass threats. I personally, was too invested in what I was building with Zion to dwell on the past. I could have blocked him and that would've been good for me. But having a new number was better.

The bright side of Jeremiah not really having me around his friends was him not having any way to contact me. He didn't know where I lived and didn't have my number. Life was good and going to continue getting better.

Today was my last day working at MAC. I decided to take Zion up on his offer and become his assistant. I told him, though, the minute I felt like he just wanted me around to have a reason to give me money, I was getting another job. He claimed to have understood; only time will tell how true that is. Luckily, I was still booked for Jaleesa's wedding. That one client was a huge deal for me because of the connections she had. If I did that well, I was sure doors were gonna open for me.

I headed to the mall to meet up with Li and Eden. We were going shopping for Zion's at home birthday celebration. He didn't have enough in Barbados, according to him, it was his birthday for the remainder of the month.

I wasn't the party type at all, but Zali and Eden had me ready for the lituation, as they call it.

After spending hours in the mall, we all found ourselves back at Zali's crib, getting dressed, and pre-gaming. Because I knew how my cousin was when she drank, I decided that I was going to be the responsible one.

"You really not going to drink any of this?" Eden waved the bottle of black Henny in my face. I was sitting on the edge of Li's bed, lacing the strings to my shoes up my calf.

"No. And you shouldn't be drinking that shit either. Black Henny brings out the worse in everybody."

"I can drink this shit, until it tastes like water." Eden bragged.