XVIII.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"Never again 'cause now I know, just what it means to love and be loved. Now as you watch from far away, all I can say is, I'm sorry." - Teyana Taylor (Sorry)
_____

"Thanks for bringing me here, babe," Ayana said as I held her hand and helped her out of the car

"It's nothing ma, stop saying thank you." I leaned in and kissed her on the crook of her neck.

Ayana and my relationship had been a little strained lately, and it was completely my fault. The time for juggling Ayana and Zali was long gone. I had to make a choice even though I didn't want to. The decision should have been a no-brainer. Ayana was my wife. That fact alone should have topped everything else, but it didn't. I was in love with Li. It had been a little over two months since the last time I heard from her, so I figured she had made the decision for me. I knew she was good because the times Zion did bring her up, he said she was straight just trying to figure out life and shit, whatever that meant.

"I'm so excited to see this girl perform. I heard her mixtape, and it was fire. She has so much talent. I'm sure it will be a good show," she said.

I draped my arm across her shoulder and side-by-side we made our way up the block toward SOB's. I wasn't into the whole R&B concert thing, but I knew how much Ayana liked Teyana Taylor, and wanted to see her live, so I made it happen. It was only a few people on line before us, but they weren't letting people in yet, so it gave us a chance to kick it a little.

"We might even see Iman tonight," She cooed.

I playfully mushed her for crushing on the nigga. She had a thing for him since he played for the Knicks. Shit only intensified once he went to the playoffs and won the championship with Cleveland. Ayana acted like he was really her man.

"Chill with that."

"Oh, relax. You know I only got eyes for you, big baby." She tiptoed and pecked my lips.

Ayana was speaking, and I was listening, but I wasn't hearing her. Something caught my attention. It was a laugh, a very distinct laugh, one I would never forget even if I tried to. I looked in the direction that laugh came from and just by the silhouette I knew who it was. I hadn't seen Zali in a minute and out of all the times for us to run into each other it had to be right then. I just had to be with my wife. My dick twitched as I examined the way the dress she was rocking hugged her curves.

I was yearning for her. If I could, I would have left Ayana once we got inside, found Zali, took her to the bathroom and dug her guts out but I wasn't trying to be on that shit no more. She deserved much better. They both did. I had to laugh at myself. Even though wasn't shit funny about the situation I was in. There I was with my wife, who I claimed I was still madly in love with, lusting over a shorty I know I should have never even pursued in the first place.