XX.| Giving Up On Me

_______________

_____
"You and me could move a mountain. You and me could calm a war down. You and me could make it rain now. You and me could stop this Love Drought." - Beyoncé (Love Drought)
_____

After sliding into the parking spot and killing the engine to my whip, I leaned back in my seat and took a deep breath

After sliding into the parking spot and killing the engine to my whip, I leaned back in my seat and took a deep breath. I still was shocked that a year and a half had passed since Emerald and I got together. Shit was full of ups and downs but nonetheless the best year and a half of my life. She was with me during some of the highest points in my life and lowest.

Especially, when we found out Zali and Gotti had been fucking around. It was hard for me to forgive both of them, but Emerald played a major part in helping me see the bigger picture. I loved shorty, a lot was weighing on my head and heart. Knowing how I felt about Choc gave me all the courage a nigga needed to go through with my plan. However, the thought of letting her down is what had me second guessing everything. She's been through so much, shit, we both had and definitely deserved to run off into the sunset and all that other mushy shit together, but I was far from perfect.

The phone vibrating in the cup holder is what caught my attention. Reaching down, I turned it over to see that I was a call from Li. I already knew what she was calling for so I hit decline, slid the phone in my pocket, and emerged from the car. After locking the doors, I turned and headed toward my future.

"Finally, you decide to show your face. Where have you been?" Zali griped as soon as I stepped through the door. She didn't even give me a chance to settle in before she was on my ass.

"I'm here now." Playfully, I mushed her before stepping around her to walk to the living room.

"Oh, the band is back together," I joked before giving my moms hug and kiss, dapping up Gotti, and pulling my lady to her feet and into my arms. With my hands wrapped around her waist, I gave her ass a light squeeze and kissed her forehead.

"I missed you," she admitted. "I missed you more, Choc. What's good, Zy? You not happy to see daddy?" Zyia waited for Emerald to sit back down before moving closer to her and leaning her head on her shoulder.

"She's tired. She been running up and down for hours," Emerald explained.

"Everyone's tired, now. We've been waiting, the food has been ready and this little boy been nagging me for some lemon cake." My mom vented while pointing to my nephew who was laid across her lap knocked out.

"Aight, let's eat then." Gotti leaned over and shook Rj, to wake him up. Little nigga slept like a rock.

"Rashad!"