XII.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"Who am I gon lean on when times get rough? Who's gonna talk to me on the phone 'til the sun comes up? Who's going to take your place? There ain't nobody better." - Mariah Carey (We Belong Together)
_____

The past two weeks have been all about discovery and reinvention

The past two weeks have been all about discovery and reinvention. I felt free for the first time in a very long time. While at my mother's, I ended up coming clean to her and revealing everything I went through with Jeremiah and even confessed to her how I really felt about Zion.

We cried together and eventually was able to laugh about it all. I should have been spoke to my mother. Out of fear, I didn't, but it turned out to be exactly what I needed the entire time. Her reaction was shocking, but the most shocking thing about my time at my mother's house was when I was unpacking the bags I had with me during my stay with Zion, and finding an envelope of money.

At first, I thought I was crazy til I texted him and he hit me with the 'I found your money.' We laughed about that and even though I insisted that I pay him back, he just made me promise to put the money to good use, and that I did. I sent some of the money home to Eden and sent her on an apartment hunt for me. She came through because after two weeks of crashing at  my mom's, I was back in New York and in my very own apartment. May not have had any furniture besides the air mattress I planned on sleeping on, but it was mine.

I didn't tell Zion I was back in New York and I didn't tell him about the apartment. I wanted to surprise him. I felt like it was time for me to stop telling him that I was over Jeremiah and that I was moving on, and show him. This is the best way to do that.

I walked into the living room, it was bare, but I felt so proud. I sat down on the middle of the floor and sat Indian style.

"Damn!" I said aloud as I seen that my phone on one percent. I had to scoot closer to the wall where my charger was in the outlet.

After plugging my phone up, I sent Zion a text.

Me: Holaaaaa, handsome.

I sat idly waiting for him to text me back. He took so long that I ended up playing the Rush a game Ziya had downloaded. Twenty minutes had passed before my phone was vibrating in my hand alerting me that he had texted me back.

Z: What's good, Choc.
My bad for taking a
minute to hit you back.
Was a little tied up. Can you talk?

Me: It's cool. I can.
I was actually texting
you to let you know
I was back in NY. I want to see you.