XXII.| Giving Up On Me

_______________

_____
"Nothing real can be threatened. True love breathes salvation back into me. With every tear came redemption and my torturer became my remedy." - Beyoncé (All night)
_____

" - Beyoncé (All night)_____

Three weeks.

It's been three weeks since Zion had been back home and three of the best weeks I've had in a long time. Seeing Zion interact with Rylin had my heart so full of love. This is what I've been missing, and what I thought I'd never get the chance to see. Things haven't been easy in the slightest, but together the impossible was seeming more possible with each passing day.

"Can I feed her?" Zyia eagerly asked. Now that Zion was back home, that meant Zyia was back to spending time with us. I didn't mind that at all because I missed having her around as well. In addition to that, she was a great help when it came to Rylin. She wasn't able to do much, but what she did do, she did with pride.

"Okay, did you wash your hands first?" She nodded enthusiastically.

Zyia plopped down in the recliner chair in the corner of Rylin's room and stretched her arms out. Just as I was placing him in her arms, a loud thud bounced off the walls. Looking at Zyia, back to the door, I sprang into action. After placing Rylin in her crib, I made my way to the door.

"Keep your eyes on your sister Zy, I'll be back."

"Okay," she whispered with a pinch of disappointment in her tone. I walked down the hallway toward my bedroom where I had left Zion, to get Rylin changed and fed.

"Zion," I spoke while walking to the room.

"What are you doing? Why didn't you wait for me to come back to help you? You really been pushing it today, boy," I scolded him.

We had just gotten back from our walk around the track in the park and Zion knew the rest of the day was meant for rest. Frustration was written across his expression. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for him, but I knew he wasn't making it easier on himself or me. All he had to do was follow the rules. He was making tremendous progress and I worried that he was gonna do something extra, and set his recovery back.

"What are you doing?" I had to repeat myself because he decided to act like I didn't ask him a question.

"A nigga just want to take a fucking shower. This shit blowin' me, on God."

Sighing, I walked over to where he sat on the edge of the bed. I occupied the space beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.