XVII.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"I don't mean to sound hysterical, but baby if you left, it'll be a historical disaster." - Jhene Aiko (London Bridge)
_____

Life had a funny way of forcing you to do things you'd never thought you do, or forcing to make decisions you found impossible to make

Life had a funny way of forcing you to do things you'd never thought you do, or forcing to make decisions you found impossible to make. I was at that crossroad in my life where I felt like life was finally saying it's this or that.

Ayana or Zali, tell Zion or keep lying to him. Since Li let me know how she was feeling on the trip, she had been acting funny. She came around when she found out I got shot, but once she knew for a fact that I was straight, that was the end of that; with the exception of a few phone calls here and there, and texting. I thought we were good.

What I told her wasn't what she wanted to hear, but it was real. Ayana never gave me a real solid reason to dip on my marriage the way Zali was making it seem. She had flaws, but so did I. I told Zali I loved her but due to how she's acting, I figured that wasn't enough. I call, she don't answer. I pop up at her crib, and can clearly hear shit coming from inside, but she wouldn't come to door.

After offing Jeremiah and his weak ass men, I took some time away from bothering her. Not only did I need to get low with Zion for a little while, but I figured she was at a point where she was questioning if being with me was worth it or not. I knew that time would come eventually, I just wasn't prepared for it. I was back in the city now and had plans on getting up with her, whether she wanted to see me or not. She had her time. It was time for us to really make a decision and move forward even if it wasn't together.

I knew shit was about to change. I just didn't know who favor the change was going to be in. At the end of the day, if Li chose to leave me today or tomorrow, I wanted us to be in a space where we would still maintain a friendship. When it came to her, that shit meant more to me than anything else.

Unfortunately, I had this nagging feeling that if she did walk away, that would be the end of that and that was something I just wasn't ready to face. Only time would tell, though.

__