XXIII. 2 Months Later| Giving Up On Me

________________

_____
"Cause darling I wake up just to sleep with you,
I open my eyes so I can see with you
And I live so I can die with you."
- Beyoncé (Die With You)
_____

"- Beyoncé (Die With You)_____

This was it. It was really happening. If you would have told me Zion and I would be here a few months back, I would have laughed my ass off. After he was shot, all dreams of our wedding day diminished. The wanting and longing for it to happen still lingered in my heart but I never thought it would really happen, but it was here.

"Stop pacing. If you mess up that makeup, Em. Matter fact, just sit the hell down," Eden instructed.

Zali was in the seat getting her makeup done by my friend, Asani, that I worked with during my MAC days. Even though her face was getting beat, it didn't stop her from laughing at the way Eden handled me.

Normally, I would debate with her, but I decided against it. For the past two months, I had been giving Zali and Eden hell, with planning this wedding. If you thought bridezillas were bad, shit. But I had an excuse. I only had a month to make my dreams come true and with the help of Eden, Zali, me and Zion's mothers and this bomb ass wedding planner, we pulled it off.

"You all look amazing," My mom spoke while dabbing at tears. "I told myself that I wasn't gonna cry but seeing you. Baby girl, you look beautiful. I mean, absolutely stunning." She placed her hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face the mirror.

I was in awe myself. My skin has this radiance that just made me smile. "I'm so happy for you and so proud of the woman and mother you have become, Emerald."

"I owe it all to you. Thank you, mommy." Two light taps on the door caught all of our attention.

"Who goes there?" Zion's mom said, causing is all to laugh.

"It's time," the voice announced.

"Okay, baby girl, we will go get to our seats. We'll see you down the aisle."

I gave my mom a smile before taking Rj from Zion's mom. I didn't have a man to walk me down the aisle, but I think that was God all along.

I couldn't see myself walking down the aisle beside anyone else than newfound brother as well as my nephew.

"You ready for this?" Zali asked. "If you want to run, I understand. He's my brother, I know how hard it is to live with him."