Warm summer breeze

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy weebs~

My mind raced. Thoughts and feelings becoming jumbled up into one big emotional mess. I knew Erza had meant nothing by it, but my "family" had never been what one would call functional. To be honest, it couldn't have even been called a family, it was more like "Two strangers and their mistakes." I had been lying through my teeth, my father was a gambling bastard, my sister a street rat.. and my mother was dead.

I sat there on the steps of the mansion, warm summer breeze swaying my golden hair.

"Luce!" Natsu's frenzied voice called out.
I didn't want to see him right now. I knew I was just being overdramatic but I couldn't face him. Not like this. I turned my head, hoping he wouldn't come to sit with me, but he did. "Luce?" His tone was questioning now, full of worry.

"Sorry." I murmured.
I slipped my hands into my lap, intertwining each finger with it's mirroring one in an attempt to divert my attention.
"It's just- I- My-"
A sob jolted through my body, ripping my poorly worded sentence apart.

"Hey, hey. Breathe, Luce, please breathe."
Natsu's words were calming. I steadied my breathing until it was synchronised with the pinkette beside me.

"Your family seems so lovely Natsu." I smiled, wiping the tears from my - now red - eyes.
He hid a grimace, attempting to save it with a chuckle. "Luce, no one's family is perfect."
I looked towards him, brushing the loose blonde hairs out of my eyes.
"Yours sure does look like it." I smiled.

"Hey, you know you're part of my family now, right?"
My eyes widened, shocked and confused. What did he mean? I was only a maid. Yes, that's all I was, a house servant.

"If you're saying that just to be nice-" "No." He cut in. "You are a part of this family, and you always will be, even if u leave." Natsu threw me a large toothy grin and jumped up quickly.

He held up his hand towards me, offering a help up. I was hesitant. My whole body was terrified of taking his hand but I had to. No - I wanted to, so I did. I gently slipped my hand into his, linking our fingers together. Natsu looked slightly surprised, and so was I, so I didn't blame him.

----------------------------------

Oh mary mother of Christ on a bicycle, sorry for how short this was but a few of you wanted me to update soon, so I decided to write a little less than usual and publish this quicker!!

Thankssss - Like, comment, follow - or whatever, it's not like I care anyway, Baka! XD

(Also this hasn't been checked so there might be likeeeeee loadsssss of mistakes)