Chapter 5.5

~Alucard Pov~

I was still grinning from (Y/N)'s previous comment, me keep her waiting she was both curious and funny. It was at then that I was greeted by the pet ghouls we had been sent to eliminate. Naturally I was going to fly through these week creatures, I breezed through these underlings quicker than a cheetah stalking its prey. I wanted to have this mission over and done with, I wanted to learn more about my new immortal companion, she was truly fascinating. I hadn't been this curious about something in centuries.

Silencing the last ghoul with a well-placed bullet between the eyes, sending its head into a tree behind them whilst the body stood limply in front of Alucard until they both dissipated into nothingness. I walked towards the meeting place designated by (Y/N), I was interested to see if (Y/N) had wrapped up her end of things as quickly as she had planned.

I took my time walking through the rest of the forest, I definitely preferred my usual walks in the forest around the Hellsing manor. It had after all resulted in the discovery of the most intriguing (Y/N). I caught the sound of someone laughing rather darkly and this time it wasn't me it was coming from two directions, one over were (Y/N) was; meaning she had encountered a freak; and the other in front of me just behind one of the abandoned buildings that stood at the edge of the abandoned town. This terrain was not my first choice in battle fields, it was far too crowded and far too many places for my attacker to hide.

I heard a second laugh a slightly higher pitch to the first one, so whomever was skulking in the shadows had a woman helping him. "Look, brother! Something to play with!" the feminine voice said amusement laced within her voice. "Why yes sister! A new plaything!" her male assailant responded equally as amused. I fired a warning shot in the direction of the male attacker, hoping that he would give himself away but his voice came again. "He's a feisty one sister, carries a gun and all!" his sister chuckled, "indeed he does brother. I suppose we'll have to crush the spirit." They both laughed and then silence.

This was going to be most annoying for me and time consuming. I found myself wondering if (Y/N) was having better luck than I was.