Chapter 14

~Alucard's pov~

I watched as (Y/N) walked up the stairs holding Lilianna's hand tightly as she did, the child seemed to be at ease around her and I sensed no malice that the other people in the car were dead. She was interesting but not as interesting as what I had learnt about (Y/N). (Y/N) turned her head and met my gaze as if sensing I was thinking about her, "I wish to have a conversation with you once we have seen Integra." I nodded in response and she knocked and entered Integra's office followed closely by Seras and I.

"Honestly your just like Alucard, I shouldn't let you two go anywhere within a mile radius with a human in it." Integra yelled as she gestured towards Seras and Lilianna. I was thoroughly amused that (Y/N) was also being ridiculed for the exact same thing he had been lectured about when he brought Seras back. The police girl however was no longer human when I brought her to my master but the argument basis was still the same for (Y/N) and Lilianna. That was until I finally glanced at (Y/N), she just stood there with Lilianna holding her hand tightly, (Y/N) seemed disappointed in herself but I could sense her desire to protect the girl clinging to her hand. As Integra finished lecturing (Y/N) she finally addressed Seras and I, whilst (Y/N) pulled Lilianna into her arms but continued to stare at Integra. I paid little attention to Integra's mass of statements and continued to analyse (Y/N), perhaps she was in more pain than she was showing, the encounter with Soloman had brought a part of her that she tried so hard to hide to the surface. Once my master finished talking she dismissed us and the four of us walked to our own individual rooms. Integra had told (Y/N) that Lilianna would be sleeping in her room until Walter had another room prepared and (Y/N) had not complained.

------       -----     -----     -----      -----     -----     -----     -----      -----       ------      -----      -----     -----     -----

~(Y/N)'s pov~

I walked down the staircase that led to Alucard's room it was silent and it would appear that he hadn't notice I had entered his domain. As my feet met the stone floor I noticed Alucard had his head rested in his hand, it looked like he was sleeping I would normally leave him be and let him sleep I knew he didn't sleep well often but, I saw bloody tears rolling down his face and his facial expression was one full of pain. Cautiously I walked over to him, I knelt down in front of him and raised my hand to his face. Carefully I ran my thumb over the bloody trail on his face gently calling his name. His eyes snapped open and he grabbed my wrist, his grip however loosened as he became more alert and realised I wasn't a threat. "Alucard it is okay, you were crying in your sleep. I didn't mean to startle you." I said soothingly gently removing my wrist from his grip. "I came to talk to you about today's event's." I paced for a moment before stopping and looking back at Alucard. "You must have so many questions, so ask away and I will give you all the answers you require." I stood still a small smile placed on my lips.

Alucard smiled and handed me a wine glass, I took it hesitantly. "Relax its AB negative, just the way you like it." He poured the red fluid into my glass and then did the same for himself. "This must have been a pain to acquire Alucard." I say bringing the glass to my lips. "It's a stronger blood, I imagine you will require it during this time." Alucard smirked as did I as I took a small sip and let the sweet blood touch my tongue. "It has been years since I have had blood, it's a rare treat. But I didn't come here to enjoy your libation." I say lowering myself to the floor, no longer wishing to be standing. "You see yourself as a deity, my dear." He chuckled. "Perhaps once but now I am more of a curse, people once worshipped my kind as a death god but now I know I am a fate worse than death." I let out a dry laugh before taking another sip of my drink. "I know it is not seen as appropriate to ask a woman's age but, I must know just how old you are?" I smile meekly, "you mustn't laugh but I am around 1378 years of age. I have been around for a long time."