Chapter 19

~(Y/N)'s pov~

Alucard held out a wine glass filled with B negative blood which I accepted gratefully before taking a sip. "Were do I begin..." I pondered out loud. "It was roughly 150 years after the witch hunt incident, I was in Rome back when it thrived on religion and art. It was most beautiful during this time and it was the beauty that drew me in, my eagerness to learn to lead me through its street's. I listened to the preachers preach, the artist's brainstorming and the slaver's  sale's but what drew me in most was the beauty that one building held. It was while I was engrossed that I first stumbled into the Vatican, it turned out this building belonged to them." I looked up to see Alucard staring at me intently. Why was I not surprised by this...if he wasn't making crude remark's he was staring...there really is no in-between with this man. Sighing I continued with my story, "I was infatuated with the knowledge I was gaining of the Vatican and thus abandoning the all the signs that told me to run...it happened so suddenly...they lured me with the promise of knowledge and being able to help people and-and when I was close enough they ensnared me in their silver cage's. The head of the Vatican at the time had trapped me...I was stuck in that cage for years with only the bare minimum of sustenance I required to survive. Occasionally they'd throw me a bone...so to speak...as some kind of reward. The bone being a child from their orphanage who was straying from the Vatican way, they threw them in my cage to rid of them, but I couldn't bring myself to do it...instead I chose to frighten them instead. They chose chided me with it, they tortured me from within my cage and finally they moved the cage to a place within a cell." I looked over to the stone wall this time imagining the cell I was once trapped in. "I remember there being a single window with silver bar's, up until that point I had known way of telling when it was day or night or how much time had truly passed but this-this window it provided me with some knowledge that I was slowly being deprived of and allowed me to keep what little sanity I had left. So, I watched each day tick by I watched the harsh sun rise and fall, and the glorious moon take its place."

"You remember my poem from back in Cheddar don't you Alucard?" I asked raising an eyebrow and meeting his gaze once again. He nodded his head in recollection, to which I responded with a faint smile. "A boy was forced into the cell with me, he was small and very thin and his clothes ripped to shreds and covered head to toe in cuts and bruises. I trained my eyes on the boy and watched him cautiously but he just sat in front of my cage wordlessly. It was on the second day that I finally spoke to him, 'boy are you alright, you seam frail perhaps you should rest until they come and retrieve you.' I remember this caught his attention...he finally met my gaze...he seemed shocked at my kindness...he had probably been told that I was some savage monster who would tear him to shreds. It was his turn this time to catch me off guard, 'why do you not escape?' he asked and I was truly taken aback. I stared for a while before I gave him my answer, 'The moon is always so beautiful yet always so lonely, despite being surrounded by millions of stars, but the sun is obnoxious and cherished as it is always overstated and never alone....perhaps I shall find my place within the night, with those who lead a lonely life and were I may be free of judgment. Maybe then I will no longer be caged.' The boy smiled at me, it was a smile that tearing away at what little heart I had left. 'then I shall free you moon as appreciation for your kindness be caged no more'." I stopped to chuckle but quickly continued with my story feeing the sadness beginning to build within me once again. "He opened my cage and we waited, when the leader of the Vatican's Special Section thirteen came to collect the boy himself that I ran...I ran like I hadn't in so long silently praying for the boy's safety but never turning back. I found out the boy had been 'punished' and had died shortly after, I honoured the boy and stuck to the cover of night never moving in the public view even in disguise."

"This is why I loathe the Vatican. I can only just stand Alexander and his band of merry murder's but the heart of the Vatican, I will one day crush it and set it ablaze." I finished my tale with my teeth gritted and my face set in a snarl, the glass in my hand slowly cracking in my tight grip. Gently I placed the glass on to the ground to prevent it from shattering and slowly I began to relax, it was once I was relaxed that I noticed Alucard stood in front of me with his hand extended. Graciously I took it and did my best to give him an appreciative smile. "So now you see why I bear such hatred, and now you have another excerpt of my existence." Alucard simply nodded in return, quickly enveloping me in a warm embrace as he pulled me onto my feet. "You do not have to accompany us if it hurt's you too much to do so." He stated somewhat soothingly and I relaxed slightly into his arms. "Nothing but death awaits those who are to close to me..." I stated my word's muffled by Alucard's coat the moment they left my mouth.

Stepping away I wiped my eyes and turned my back on Alucard. "I guess I'll have to join you if not to save your lives when your ambushed then to help you get around Rio de Janerio." I stated with a sigh. "I'm almost positive none of you know Spanish let alone Portuguese." With that Alucard and I left his room and headed for the door of the manor were Seras and Pip were most likely waiting.

As we arrived we were greeted by a loud cheer produced solely by Seras. "Yay (Y/N) is coming!" she stated happily as she cheered some more, whilst Pip watched with a look of amusement plastered to his face. "Be calm now child, I'll be accompanying you even if only to keep those pesky vermin who call themselves the Vatican away." I stated with a genuine smile and I was not at all surprise to find Alucard had resumed his staring. Perhaps things could be different this time....